Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Slow Cooked Beef Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooked Beef Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Need To Be Eating.
You already are aware that you have to have a strong and healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart isn’t healthy? You already are aware that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are important in terms of the total health of your heart. Do you know, though, that several specific foods are good for making your heart feel better? Go on reading to discover which foods are great for your heart.
Can you recall being told “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? The truth is that apples have plenty of great stuff in them to help promote a healthy heart. Apples have high soluble fiber content and this soluble fiber functions as a scrubber on your artery walls, keeping the cholesterol from accumulating and causing blockages. Eating just one Red Delicious apple each day can cause as much as an eight percent drop in your LDL levels. This is a terrific number for someone who wants his or her heart to be healthier.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can consume that will be good for your body. Without a doubt, the foods discussed in this article can help your body in many ways. They are essentially good, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Try introducing these foods into your diet daily. Your heart will be so much better if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooked beef stew recipe. To make slow cooked beef stew you need 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Slow Cooked Beef Stew:
- You need 1 Tomato
- You need 2 Potato
- Take 4 tbsp Salt
- Get 2 tsp Sugar
- Prepare 4 tbsp Flour
- Take 1 can Tomato Sauce
- Provide 1 Onion
- Provide 1 lb Beef Tenderloin
- Get 1 Carrot
- Prepare 3 tbsp Butter
- Use 2 tsp Pepper
- Take 2 cup Water
- Get 4 tbsp Cooking Sherry (sweet)
Steps to make Slow Cooked Beef Stew:
- READ FIRST: You will need a pot with some for this. You'll also need some sort of insulation to wrap around your pot, if it doesn't have built in heat-retaining properties. This will take a while - hasty consumption will yield tough beef and crunchy carrots/potatoes, which is not what we're aiming for.
- NOTE: Choose a cut of beef with more fat in it - not saturated, but we should be able to see the clear white lines within the red. Lean will not turn out as well.
- Okay, now we'll begin. Make sure the onions and carrots are diced, and the potatoes peeled and cut into sizable chunks. They will become smaller as the stew… stews. Make sure you've started preheating the pot/slow cooker.
- First, pan fry the onions in about one tablespoon of butter. Add the carrots and beef in as well. Make sure the beef goes in last, since it only needs to be lightly seared - any more and it will start cooking off fat, and will be tough and chewy.
- Add water to the preheated pot and, after one minute, add the tomato paste and a spoon of olive oil.
- Once this pre-broth has heated up, add the onions, carrots, potatoes, beef, and butter. After the ingredients have settled and heated up, add the flour and stir slowly on heat for 5-7 minutes. Add the sherry while you're stirring.
- Once the stew has again settled and come to a low boil, keep cooking on low heat for thirty minutes, before turning off the heat and placing a lid on the pot.
- After another thirty minutes, turn off heat and place your pot into the insulators material. Make sure most of your lot is wrapped in it.
- Thirty minutes after you wrap the pot, heat it again on low heat for thirty minutes.
- Repeat steps #8 and #9 three more times (180 minutes). After the last time, let pot sit for 15 minutes and serve. It will get better the more times it's heated, since the potatoes dissolve into the stew and make it richer.
- The resulting stew will be on the salty side, so please eat with rice, bread, or pasta. That way it lasts longer as well.
If you find this Slow Cooked Beef Stew recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.