Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Five Spice Braised Beef with Daikon and Carrot recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Five Spice Braised Beef with Daikon and Carrot recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already know that you must have a fit and healthy heart. After all, if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy either. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you need to follow a good and healthy lifestyle and work out on a regular basis. Did you know, though, that a number of specific foods are great for making your heart be healthier? Today, you will discover which foods are great for your heart.
Be aware that blueberries are great for your heart. Here’s an interesting fact: Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, in particular pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. Pterostilbene helps the body be better at processing cholesterol as well as fats. The easier it is for your body to break down fat and cholesterol, the less likely it is for those things to accumulate in your arteries and cause heart problems. This, then, makes your heart as healthy as it can possibly be.
There are plenty of foods that you can include in your diet that are good for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve talked about here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are particularly terrific, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Start eating these heart-healthy foods regularly. Your heart will be much heartier if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to five spice braised beef with daikon and carrot recipe. To make five spice braised beef with daikon and carrot you need 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Five Spice Braised Beef with Daikon and Carrot:
- Take 3 lb Beef, cubed
- Get 2 tbsp Five spice powder
- Take 10 piece Sichuan peppercorn
- Take 2 Star anise
- You need 5 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- You need 1 Inch ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Use 2 Green onion, finely chopped
- Use Salt and pepper
- Get 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- Get 3 tbsp Sugar brown
- Take 3 Carrots, peeled and cut into cubes
- You need 1 Daikon, peeled and cubed
- Get 1⁄2 cup Shaoxing cooking wine
- Take 1 tbsp Red boat fish sauce
- Get 4 Tomatoes, quartered
- You need 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Prepare 2 Bay leaves
- Use 1 baguette, sliced
Steps to make Five Spice Braised Beef with Daikon and Carrot:
- Combine beef with five spice, salt and pepper, soy, sugar, fish sauce and marinate for 10 min
- Place avocado oil in hot wok and sautée green onion, garlic, ginger, peppercorn until fragrant. Add in marinated beef cubes and evenly coat beef with herbs.
- When beef is brown, deglaze with cooking wine. Let evaporate. Add cubed tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are soft
- Transfer beef mixture to a large pot, add bay leaves, anise star and cover with water (barely submerge), bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium to low heat and cook for 45-1 hour until water is reduced by half
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add daikon and carrot. Simmer until tender and serve with baguette
If you find this Five Spice Braised Beef with Daikon and Carrot recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.