Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for BEEF STEW - OLD RECIPE recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best BEEF STEW - OLD RECIPE recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to BEEF STEW - OLD RECIPE recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your Heart with Food.
You already know that you have to have a healthy heart. Consider this: if your heart is not healthy then the rest of you won’t be either. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you must follow a good and healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly. But did you know that there are several foods that have been discovered to help you improve the health of your heart? In the following paragraphs, you will learn which foods are good for your heart.
Fish is possibly the healthiest food you can eat. You already know this since, by now, you’ve probably been told to eat fish at least two times each week. This is especially true for those whose hearts aren’t healthy or doing well. Fact: Fish is rich in Omega 3’s which are elements that process cholesterol and transform it into healthy energy. Include fish in two meals every week.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can eat that will be good for your body. No doubt, the foods cited in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. These foods are particularly great for the heart, however. Introduce these foods into your diet regularly. Your heart will greatly benefit from it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef stew - old recipe recipe. To cook beef stew - old recipe you only need 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare BEEF STEW - OLD RECIPE:
- Use 2 lb Beef
- Use 1 medium Onion
- Provide 1⁄2 cup Flour
- Prepare 3 cup Water
- Prepare 2 can Stewed Tomatoes
- Prepare 1 can Cut Green Beans
- Get 2 Stalks of Celery
- You need 2 cup Baby Carrots
- Prepare 3 large Potatoes
- Get 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Provide 1 tsp Salt
- Get 1 tsp Black Pepper
- You need 1⁄2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Get 2 Bay Leaves - Optional
Instructions to make BEEF STEW - OLD RECIPE:
- Cut the beef length wise with a knife, then slice each piece into bite sized pieces with the scissors. (I use steak or roast)
- Sprinkle beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and flour before browning it in cooking oil in a medium high skillet.
- After browning beef, sprinkle lightly with flour again and continue to stir and brown.
- Add one cup water to browned meat and stir. This will make a nice brown gravy base for your stew.
- Chop onion and add to gravy base in skillet. Simmer a minute or two. No need to fully cook onion at this point. Then pour into large crockpot.
- Add the undrained tomatoes and undrained green beans to the crockpot.
- Cut baby carrots lengthwise in half. The bigger ones can be quartered lengthwise.
- Slice celery into small bite sized pieces and add to crockpot.
- Choose 3 large potatoes for the stew. (Baker Size) Quarter potatoes lengthwise, save two quarters back, and then slice the rest into normal bite sized pieces. Add to crockpot.
- Cut saved quarters of potatoes into tiny pieces.
- Add last bit of potatoes to crockpot. Then season stew with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and worcestershire sauce and stir well.
- Add 2 Cups of Water to crockpot and stir stew again. Let cook on high crockpot setting for 4 1⁄2 hours to 5 hours. Cooking time really depends on how you like your vegetables cooked.
If you find this BEEF STEW - OLD RECIPE recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.