Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Asian Sweet & Peppery Jerky recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Asian Sweet & Peppery Jerky recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Asian Sweet & Peppery Jerky recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Coconut Oil Is Really A Fantastic Product And Can Also Be Advantageous For Your Health.
Many people do not realize that coconut oil has many benefits to it and is actually something you should be using regularly. Unlike other products you are able to purchase currently available this device is going to have a wide variety of health benefits for your body. There’s something else that’s important to know about this product and that’s the point that it can benefit you when you use it both internally and externally for your body. Coconut oil is much more useful than other oils you can purchase and on this page we will be telling you why.
For individuals who have difficulties losing a few pounds you are in addition going to find that coconut oil increases metabolism which helps you lose weight much easier. When it comes to burning off calories and also burning off fat, you’re going to see that coconut oil increases this by up to three times making it easier and faster to lose some weight. The to so for anybody on a weight loss plan who’s not shedding weight as quickly as they’d like, you might find that a adding this into your diet can be a terrific benefit. And naturally because your body is burning off calories you are also producing energy which is just another added benefit.
Something else I want to mention is that there’ve actually been studies performed which show that coconut oil might have anti bacterial an antiviral effects on the body. For individuals that are looking to live a healthier life you may find that eliminating your traditional cooking oils and replace it with coconut oil can be a great place to start. Something you may possibly or may not recognize is that within a very short time frame there will be vitamin supplement companies marketing the use of coconut oil supplements, but you can get the jump on this.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to asian sweet & peppery jerky recipe. To cook asian sweet & peppery jerky you need 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Asian Sweet & Peppery Jerky:
- Use Basting Sauce
- Use 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice, unsweetened
- Take 3 tbsp oyster flavor sauce
- Use 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Provide 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- You need 1 tbsp white sugar
- Use Jerky Ingredients
- You need 2 lb ground beef, super lean (97%)
- Provide 2 tsp Morton Tender Quick Meat Cure
- Get 3⁄4 tsp garlic powder
- Get 1⁄2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Use 1⁄2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- You need 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Provide 1 tsp Chinese 5-spice powder
- Prepare 1 tsp onion powder
- Use 1 tbsp soy sauce
Instructions to make Asian Sweet & Peppery Jerky:
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together all of the basting sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the jerky ingredients.
- Using your clean hands, mix the jerky ingredients together VERY well. Get in there and really squish it up! I find it's best to rinse your hands under very warm water about every minute while mixing the meat, shaking off excess water (rather than towel drying). Not only warms up your hands, but adds a bit of moisture to the mix, which makes it come out of the jerky gun more smoothly. You want to hand mix for about 8 to 10 minutes to get the flavors well distributed.
- Load your jerky gun with the meat mixture. I like to use a large rubber spatula to push the meat down as I load.
- Squeeze out strips of jerky mix onto your dehydrator trays until all the mix is used up.
- There's always going to be a bit of meat mixture left in the nozzle tip of the jerky gun. No worries! No waste! Unscrew the jerky gun and pull it out.
- Pinch off small pieces of the leftover meat mixture (see photo) and flatten it to the same thickness as your jerky strips. Fill in the small empty spaces on the dehydrator trays. These little pieces are what you'll be taste-testing during the drying process since dehydrating times can vary.
- Gently brush the top side of the meat with the basting sauce.
- Dehydrate at 160°F for 75 minutes.
- Wash your hands very well. Gently turn over all the jerky. Brush on more basting sauce. Rotate your trays and continue dehydrating.
- Continue dehydrating another 3 to 4 hours. The time is variable depending on your dehydrator and moisture conditions. Every hour, remove one of the small test pieces of jerky from the dehydrator. Allow it to cool completely (about 30 minutes) so the basting sauce can become less sticky and eat it. When you're happy with the dryness and texture, your jerky is done. Mine is generally done, to my liking, in a total of about 6 hours of dehydrating.
- Turn off the dehydrator and unstack the trays leaving the jerky on the trays until completely cooled, at least 30 minutes. It must be completely cooled before packaging! I usually wait 1 to 2 hours before packaging. If you prefer a strong pepper kick to your jerky (this is mild), as soon as you unstack the trays, while the basting sauce coating is still a bit sticky, sprinkle with coarse ground black pepper.
- When completely cool, package in airtight containers. I like to vacuum seal about 6 pieces to a bag with my FoodSaver. But you can use ziplock bags or any food container with a tight-fitting lid. This batch here is being shipped to an out-of-state granddaughter, so vacuum packaging is the ideal method.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: If you're lucky enough to know a hunter, deer and elk meat make excellent jerky and, ground, can be substituted for the ground beef in this recipe. The Morton Tender Quick Meat Cure is available in many supermarkets in the spice section near the salt. It's also available at Amazon, though more expensive. The meat cure retards spoilage, although this jerky tends to get eaten up pretty quickly. Should you choose to not add the meat cure, add 2 teaspoons of salt to the recipe.
- Here's another tasty ground beef jerky you might want to try: - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/343813-snapn-peppery-beef-jerky
If you find this Asian Sweet & Peppery Jerky recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.