Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your Heart with Food.
You already know that the body needs a heart that is strong and healthy. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body continue to be healthy if your heart isn’t healthy? You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you should lead a good and healthy lifestyle and work out on a regular basis. Do you know, however, that there are several foods that can help your heart be healthier? Keep on reading to find out which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Can you remember when your parents would remind you that an apple a day keeps the doctor away? In reality, apples contain many minerals and elements that can help your heart remain healthy. Appleas contain lots of soluble fiber which works kind of like a scrub brush on your artery walls so that cholesterol can’t collect and build up into blockages. Eating just one Red Delicious apple daily can make your LDL levels drop by as much as 8%. That’s a terrific number if you’re attempting to improve the health of your heart!
There are lots of foods that you can eat that are great for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve talked about here can help your body in many ways. These foods are especially great for the heart, though. Try incorporating these heart-healthy in your diet on a regular basis. Your heart will be a lot healthier if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne recipe. To cook steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne you need 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne:
- You need 2 pc. sweet potato, medium (approx 2 x 4 inch each)
- Take 1⁄2 cup lean ground beef
- Take 1 pc. carrot, small, minced
- Prepare 1⁄4 cup pinto beans (cooked and canned, or refried type)
- Use 2 tbsp olive oil
- Take Spices
- Take 1 pc. bell pepper, small (red or green), finely chopped
- Provide 1 pc. onion, small, finely chopped
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic
- Get 1 tsp salt, adjust according to taste
- Provide 1⁄8 tsp ground cumin
- You need Sauce
- Use 1 tbsp tomato paste
- You need 1⁄8 tsp cayenne or chilli pepper
- Prepare 1⁄8 cup lemon / lime/ calamansi juice
- Provide Dash honey, to taste
- Use 1-2 tbsp water
- Prepare Optional
- Prepare 1⁄8 tsp anise seed (optional)
- Use 2 tbsp shredded mozarella, as garnish (optional)
Steps to make Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne:
- Drain your cooked pinto beans, and set aside 1⁄4 cup. Transfer remaining pinto beans on a canister and fill it with water then keep it in fridge for future use. If using canned refried pinto beans just set aside 1⁄4 cups, and transfer the remaining good stuff on a container and store it in fridge.
- Fill large pot with water (about 6-8 cups), set steamer and place washed root crop. Cover with lid. Turn heat to high. Soon as the water boil, turn heat down to medium. Let root crop steam for 30 minutes. NOTE: A. you don't want a burnt pot 🤭, so check water level every 10 minutes. Add water when necessary. B. boiling root crop reduces its natural sweet flavor, which is why I do not recommend that method. C. If you own a microwave, nuke it for 40 mins.
- While the root crop is steaming, chop your onion, garlic, carrot and bell pepper. Set aside.
- Make the sauce. On a small bowl, mix well all "sauce" ingredients. Set aside.
- Time to stir fry spices: Put pan over high heat, soon as it smokes a bit, turn down heat to medium. Wait for 10 seconds before placing olive oil. Stir fry onion until semi translucent, then mix in minced garlic. Soon as garlic is almost golden brown add in cumin, (anise seed - optional) and bell pepper.
- If spices wafts fragrantly at home this point meant it is time to mix in your minced carrots and lean ground beef. Continue stir frying until beef is cooked. Then add in cooked pinto beans and sauce mix. Stir then let it simmer with lid cover, over low heat for about 2-4 minutes. If the sauce is reduced, just add 1 or 2 tbsp water and let it simmer for additional 30 sec. more or less, uncovered. Your chilli con carne is done.
- Your sweet potato is done after 30mins of steaming. But if you want it extra soft, steam it for another 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the root crop off the steamer. Using a wet, but wringed out hand towel, peel off sweet potato skin to discard it.
- On chopping board, cut one sweet potato in half lenght wise, then transfer on one serving bowl. Blanket sweet potato with the chilli con carne, and top it with freshly shredded mozarella cheese (optional). Repeat this step for the other sweet potato, and serve that other set to your love one or a friend. Enjoy!
If you find this Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.