Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Granny's Meatloaf recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Granny's Meatloaf recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Must Eat.
You already know that the body requires a heart that is strong and healthy. Think about it: if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you won’t be healthy either. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you should lead a good and healthy lifestyle and get regular exercise. Still, are you aware that there are several foods that have been discovered to help you improve the health of your heart? Keep reading to find out which foods are great for your heart.
Can you recall being told by your parents “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Know that apples are loaded with things that will help your heart be healthier. They are rich in soluble fiber which scrubs your artery walls so that cholesterol and fat can’t take hold or cause blockages. The truth is that eating just a single Red Delicious apple every day can trigger as much as an eight percent fall in your LDL levels. That’s a great number if you’re working to improve the health of your heart!
There are plenty of foods that you can consume that are good for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve talked about here can help your body in lots of different ways. They are particularly beneficial for the heart, though. Incorporate these foods in your diet every day. Your heart will benefit from it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to granny's meatloaf recipe. You can cook granny's meatloaf using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Granny's Meatloaf:
- Prepare 1⁄4 cup Quick cooking oats
- Prepare 1 large Egg, beaten
- Provide 1⁄4 cup Milk
- Provide 2 tsp Salt
- Prepare 1 tsp Pepper
- Take 1 small Onion, diced
- Get 1⁄2 Carrot, peeled and minced (optional)
- You need 1 Rib celery, diced
- Provide 1 tsp Minced garlic (2 cloves)
- Prepare 3 lb Ground beef
- You need glaze
- Get 3⁄4 cup Keychup
- Take 2 tsp Prepared horseradish
- Get 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Steps to make Granny's Meatloaf:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix glaze ingredients and set aside.
- Mix all meatloaf ingredients except beef. Crumble beef over mixture and toss to combine. (Do not over mix, that makes meatloaf tough).
- Form into two loaves on sheet pan lined with tinfoil. Bake 10 minutes. Spoon on glaze.
- Bake 45-50 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes, loosely renting with foil.
- Source: Carla Hall, Redbook Magazine 5⁄2013
If you find this Granny's Meatloaf recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.