Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Need To Be Eating.
You already know that you need to have a healthy heart. Think about this: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in unhealthy? You already know that regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle are important in terms of the total health of your heart. Did you know, however, that some specific foods are terrific for making your heart be healthier? In the following paragraphs, you will learn which foods are good for your heart.
Beans, would you believe it, are really good for the health of your heart. Sure, the after-effects of ingesting beans may not be the best for your nose, but they are extremely healthy for you. This doesn’t mean that simply eating beans will neutralize the effects of other unhealthy foods you might be eating. What is true, however, is that having beans on your Caesar’s salad rather than chicken or consuming soy burgers instead of beef hamburgers is a superb course of action to take. Fortunately, beans are really tasty and who knows…you might not even miss consuming the real beef or chicken.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods that are good for your body. To be sure, the foods mentioned in this article can help your body in many ways. They are essentially good, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Try incorporating these foods in your diet regularly. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker beef kaldereta recipe. To make slow cooker beef kaldereta you need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta:
- Prepare Beef stew meat (chuck roast cut into chunks)
- You need Oil (plus a little extra if needed)
- Use Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Prepare large onion, sliced
- Take Plum Tomatoes, chopped
- Take medium size Carrots, sliced into 1-inch thickness
- Prepare Red Potatoes, cut into cubes (roughly the same size as the carrots)
- Take Bay Leaves
- Use Beef broth or water
- Use Fish Sauce or Soy Sauce (adjust to taste)
- Take Tomato Sauce
- Provide Peanut Butter, or to taste (maybe replaced with Liver spread to be more authentic)
- Provide Red Bell Pepper
- Provide frozen Peas
- Use brown Sugar (optional)
- Prepare Salt and Pepper,
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta:
- Season the beef chunks with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan (like a heavy stainless steel or cast iron skillet), heat the oil until hot but not smoking. Sear the beef by browning on all sides in the hot oil. Keep some space in between the beef chunks when frying so don’t dump all the beef but cook in batches.
- Place in a plate as you cook. This method will ensure a deep and delicious taste from the meat so if you can don’t omit the step.
- In the remaining oil (or add a little oil to the skillet if needed) saute the garlic, onions and tomatoes for 3-4 minutes. The purpose is to deglaze the pan with the juices from the veggies and get all the yummy brown bits remaining there for extra flavor.
- Place the beef and the sauteed vegetables in the slow cooker. If there’s no time, simply add the browned beef with the vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and bay leaves. Pour the beef broth (or water), fish sauce or soy sauce and the tomato sauce. Give it a quick stir. Cover and cook on low until the beef is fork tender between 6-8 hours.
- When the beef is already tender enough to eat (but not falling apart) add the peanut butter and red bell pepper. You can also add the frozen peas at this point. Add the sugar, if using. This is not to sweeten the stew but to enhance the flavor. Season with extra salt and pepper, if needed. Stir everything gently. Cook for another 30 minutes to 1 hour or until everything is fully heated through.
- Serve with freshly steamed rice on the side.
If you find this Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.