Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Grannys' Beef Stew recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Grannys' Beef Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Grannys' Beef Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Coconut Oil Is Actually A Wonderful Product And Can Also Be Beneficial For Your Health.
Many people don’t recognize that coconut oil has a large amount of benefits to it and is really something you need to be using regularly. You are in addition going to find that there is not just one specific benefit that is connected with coconut oil but the benefits can be vast. You need to also be aware that coconut oil isn’t just something you can use inside your body to be healthy but also something you are able to use externally. If you are wondering what a number of these benefits are you need to be happy to understand that we’re going to be explaining to you in this article what a number of these benefits could be.
I’m certain you’ve never given consideration to opening up a bottle of vegetable oil and rubbing it on your skin and hair, but if you do this with coconut oil it can supply you with a lot of benefits. For folks who wind up suffering from different kinds of rashes you may possibly want to consider rubbing coconut oil on your skin as this will assist you to heal the rash. There are some other advantages of making use of this on your skin such as the fact that it can supply you with a younger look and it is also loaded with antioxidants which can be absorbed in the skin.
There’s currently studies being done that are leading folks to the conclusion that coconut oil can even fight off bacterial and viral infections inside the body, nevertheless this is not yet been proven. One of the greatest things you will be able to do for your body is to begin using coconut oil instead of the other oils that you may possibly be using at this current time. Something you may or may not recognize is that within an incredibly short time frame there are going to be vitamin supplement businesses marketing the utilization of coconut oil supplements, but you are able to get the jump on this.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to grannys' beef stew recipe. To make grannys' beef stew you only need 10 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Grannys' Beef Stew:
- Use 1 large onion(chopped)
- Use 7 Idaho potatoes
- You need 1 can whole green beans
- Provide 1 tbsp black pepper
- Get 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- Get 2 tbsp Crisco shortening
- You need 1 water
- Get 2 1⁄2 lb stew meat less 3 or 4 chunks
- Prepare 1 tbsp lawery's seasoned salt
- Provide 3 tbsp Flour… Plain or self rising
Instructions to make Grannys' Beef Stew:
- Put the stew meat in a pot and cover with water(less 3 or 4 chunks)
- take the 3 or 4 chunks of beef and cut them into very tiny pieces
- add the tiny pieces of beef and the seasonings to your pot and start cooking on medium low heat
- in the meantime chop the onion and add to the pot
- cover and simmer on medium low heat for a couple of hours
- after a couple of hours peal your potatoes and cut into small chunks
- add your potatoes and green beans and continue to cook on medium low
- * note I do not brown my beef… or ever let my pot come to a rapid boil!!! this will ensure that your beef will be very tender
- about an hour later your green beans will no longer be floating and your potatoes will be tender
- this next step is a little complicated
- in a skillet heat your Crisco shortening until has all melted in is rather hot
- while your shortening is heating… mixed together your flour and cornstarch
- slowly add your flour cornstarch mixture to the hot grease
- brown flour…I use the bottom of a large cooking spoon to brown mine
- as you brown the flower uncover your pot and turn the heat up… when your part is near a boil in your flower is brown slowly add the browned flower to your pot… please know that if your stock is not hot enough… it will cause your gravy to be lumpy
- now all you have to do is sit and wait for your gravy to thicken
- just in case you're wondering…. by cutting those 3 or 4 chunks into small pieces… it will give your stew a country style gravy.. with a little bit of Beef
- also I'll have to variations of this recipe… sometimes I use half sweet potatoes and half Idaho potatoes…
- once when I got ready to add my potatoes I realized I didn't have any… so I added to packs of ramen noodles… it took less time of course… however I enjoyed both veriations
If you find this Grannys' Beef Stew recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.