Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Herbes De Provence Roast Beef & Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Herbes De Provence Roast Beef & Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Must Eat.
You already know how crucial it is to have a heart that is healthy. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body remain healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already know that working out on a regular basis and leading a healthy lifestyle both factor greatly into the overall health of your heart. Did you know, however, that some specific foods are good for making your heart be healthier? In this article, you will discover which foods are good for your heart.
Have you ever heard the phrase “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Know that apples are packed full of things that will keep your heart healthy. Apples are rich in soluble fiber which functions as a scrubber on your artery walls, keeping the cholesterol from taking hold and causing blockages. Consuming just one Red Delicious apple daily can make your LDL levels drop by as much as 8 percent. That’s a great number for a person who wants a healthier heart.
There are lots of foods that you can include in your diet that are good for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve discussed here can help your body in many ways. They are particularly good, however, for improving your heart health. Try incorporating these foods in your diet on a regular basis. Your heart will be grateful for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to herbes de provence roast beef & gravy recipe. To cook herbes de provence roast beef & gravy you only need 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Herbes De Provence Roast Beef & Gravy:
- Use 3 lb bottom round roast
- Provide 2.5 T herbes de provence
- Get 2 t onion powder
- Use 2 t garlic powder
- Take 4 C beef stock
- Prepare 1⁄2 C white wine vinegar
- Take 6 T flour
- Provide as needed kosher salt & black pepper
- Take 6 T butter
- Prepare as needed olive oil
Instructions to make Herbes De Provence Roast Beef & Gravy:
- Preheat oven to 250°
- Set beef on roasting rack positioned inside roasting pan. Alternatively, spray oven rack with non-stick cooking spray and set roast directly on rack with a roasting pan underneath to catch drippings.
- Cook for approximately 3 hours or until roast reaches 135° F. Remove from oven and tent with foil. Let rest before slicing to retain juices and carry over cook while making gravy.
- Place roasting pan on stove top. Turn heat to high. Add white wine vinegar and 1 C beef stock to pan. Scrape up the drippings, or fond, with a wooden spoon. Reduce until nearly dry.
- Heat beef stock to a simmer in the roasting pan.
- Cover roast beef with enough oil to coat. Season with 1 T herbes de provence, onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Add roux little by little to the roasting pan while whisking.
- Add 1.5 T herbes de provence with a large pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Whisk. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepot over medium heat. Add flour little by little while whisking. Cook only 2 minutes to keep a blonde roux, as cooking further will darken the roux and therefore the gravy, or whatever sauce the roux would be used for.
- Alternatively, transfer the hot beef stock to a smaller saucepot and pour the stock into the roux while whisking.
- Variations; Parsley, lavender, savory, thyme, oregano, marjoram, rosemary, caraway seed, carrots, coconut, creme fraiche, figs, lemon, honey, mint, olive oil, orange zest, walnut oil, walnut crust, pumpkin, pumpkin seeds, saffron, dry tea,
If you find this Herbes De Provence Roast Beef & Gravy recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.