Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Beef Udon recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Beef Udon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Udon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Are Good For Your Heart.
You already are aware of how essential it is to have a fit and healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already know that regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle are crucial in terms of the total health of your heart. Still, are you aware that there are a number of foods that have been proven to help you improve the health of your heart? Go on reading to discover which foods are great for your heart.
Can you remember being told by your mom or dad “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? The truth is that appleas are loaded with things that will keep your heart healthy. Apples are known to be loaded with soluble fiber which scrubs your artery walls so that cholesterol and fat can’t accumulate or cause blockages. Eating just one Red Delicious apple daily can cause as much as an eight percent drop in your LDL cholesterol levels. That’s a wonderful number for a person who would like to have a healthier heart.
There are plenty of foods that you can include in your diet that are beneficial for your body. It’s true that everything discussed in this article can help your body in a variety of ways. They are especially great for the heart, however. Begin incorporating these heart-healthy in your diet regularly. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef udon recipe. You can have beef udon using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Beef Udon:
- Prepare 1 tri-tip roast 1-2 pounds
- Provide 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- Take 1⁄2 teaspoon black ground pepper
- Prepare 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Prepare 4 cups chicken stock
- Use 1 package pre-cooked udon
- Provide 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- You need 1 small sweet onion, peeled and diced
- You need 5 large button mushrooms
- You need 1 cup snap peas
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- Prepare 1 can baby bamboo shoots, drained
- Get 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- Get 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
Instructions to make Beef Udon:
- In a shallow casserole dish add lemon juice. If you don't have lemon, lime or orange works fine. Point is that the citric acid will naturally tenderize your meat.
- With a fork scratch the front and back of the meat in a tic-tac-toe pattern. Rub in the garlic salt and black pepper. Place in the casserole dish with the lemon juice. Turn every 10 minutes for 40 minutes.
- While waiting for the meat to tenderize you can start your broth.
- In the sesame oil, saute the onion on medium low heat. Sesame oil doesn't do well with high temperature so allow the onions to take their time. After about 20 minutes add the garlic. You want the onion to turn a deep gold color. This will bring out the sweetness of the onions.
- Combine the chicken stock, mushrooms, bamboo, pea pods and oyster sauce. The oyster sauce is very salty so be sure to taste the broth to see if you like more. Cover and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- While waiting for the broth you can broil the roast. Move the oven rack to the top. Using a broiler pan place your meat on and place in oven immediately. If you can leave the oven door slightly open to allow circulation. Turn every 8 minutes till the outside has formed dark crunchy spots.
- Remove from the oven and allow the roast to rest on a cutting board for 10-15 minutes. This will allow the insides to finish cooking so don't cut it right away. Don't throw away all that meat juice in the bottom of the pan. Add it to the broth. 😉
- Once your meat is out you can add your udon to the broth. Simmer for 5-10 minutes and ladel into large bowls.
- Carving against the grain, slice the roast nice and thin. Place on top of the udon and sprinkle with green onion. Serve hot with green tea or marble soda 😊
If you find this Beef Udon recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.