Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Pinoy-style Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Pinoy-style Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pinoy-style Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Are Helpful To Your Heart.
You already are aware of how important it is to have a heart that is healthy. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart is not healthy then the rest of your body won’t be either. You already are aware that regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle are important in terms of the general health of your heart. Are you aware, however, that there are some foods that can help you have a healthy heart? In the following paragraphs, you will discover which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Do you remember being told by your parents “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Apples are loaded with things that will promote a healthy heart. They are loaded with soluble fiber which scrubs your artery walls so that cholesterol and fat can’t accumulate or cause clogging. Consuming just one Red Delicious apple every day can make your LDL levels fall by as much as eight percent. This is a fantastic number for someone who wishes his or her heart to be healthier.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods out there that that are good for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve talked about here can help your body in many ways. They are particularly great, though, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try to start consuming these hearty foods each day. Your heart will benefit greatly!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pinoy-style onion soup recipe. You can have pinoy-style onion soup using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pinoy-style Onion Soup:
- Use 3 each Large red onions
- Use 1 tsp Sugar
- You need 1 pinch Salt
- Provide 1 pinch Ground black pepper
- You need 1⁄2 stick Butter
- Provide 2 tbsp Canned sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Provide 1 liter Water
- Provide 1 each Beef or chicken bouillon cube
- You need 4 each Medium-sized eggs
- Provide 3 each Stale or day-old pan de sal
Steps to make Pinoy-style Onion Soup:
- Peel and rinse the onions. Slice in half and slice each half into crescents before cutting in half again.
- Heat your soup pan and melt the butter until slightly bubbly.
- Add in the onions and cook under low to medium heat, stirring occassionally until the onions are well-coated with butter.
- Add the sugar and salt and continue to cook under low heat until the onions turn a golden to dark brown. You may add the mushrooms and saute slightly at this point. - - IMPORTANT NOTE: Be patient if the caramelizing of the onion slices take a while. You do not want high heat and risk burning your onions. :)
- Add the water and bouillon cube. Alternatively, you can use beef or chicken stock if you have it available. - - *Note: Prepared store-bought stock is not readily available in the Philippines versus beef or chicken cubes, making this the usual option for Pinoy cooks. :)
- Keep at medium heat and boil for about 15-30 minutes, adding the ground pepper in and whatever additional spices you would like. The longer you boil, the more flavorful the soup will be.
- While the soup is simmering, slice your pan de sal (or bread of choice) horizontally into 1⁄4-inch thick slices. This will be your soup's "topping".
- Turn off the heat once soup is cooked down to desired flavor.
- To serve, crack a whole egg into your soup bowl and pour your hot soup over it. Top with your bread slices.
If you find this Pinoy-style Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.