Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pemmican/ Jerky recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pemmican/ Jerky recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Are Helpful To Your Heart.
You already have some knowledge of how important it is to have a heart that is healthy. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you won’t be healthy. You already know that working out on a regular basis and following a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. But are you aware that there are several foods that have been proven to help you improve the health of your heart? If you would like to know what to eat to improve your heart health, go on reading.
Know that blueberries are great for your heart. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, particularly pterostilbene. Pterostilbene performs so much like the resveratrol in grapes. This particular antioxidant helps the body be better at breaking down fats and choelsterol. The easier it is for your body to process fat and cholesterol, the less apt it is for those things to accumulate in your system and cause heart problems. That, in turn, helps your heart be healthy.
There are lots of foods that are terrific for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve talked about here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are essentially terrific, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Begin consuming these foods each day. Your heart will be a lot heartier if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pemmican/ jerky recipe. You can have pemmican/ jerky using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pemmican/ Jerky:
- Use 3 pounds lean beef
- Prepare As needed salt
- Get As needed ground black pepper
- Provide As needed metal skewers
- Prepare 1⁄3 cup melted bison tallow
Steps to make Pemmican/ Jerky:
- Slice salt and pepper the beef. Slice this thinly. Cover all the pieces well. I put them into a ziploc bag and beat them thinner. This also incorporated the salt and pepper into the meat.
- Get your fire started. I used oak, pecan, and hickory wood. I built the fire on one end of the grill. This is to use indirect heat.
- Put the strips onto a skewer on one end of the strips. I have a vegetable griller pan, to place the skewers on. Remember that the skewers get hot also.
- When the meat is done, some may become charcoal lol, put into a bowl. Cook times very on thickness of meat and heat of the fire. This took about 2 hours start to finish. About 90 minutes was cook time.
- Get the tallow, melt it down. Not to lots of heat but like candle wax.
- Coat each piece well with the warm tallow.
- Put into a ziploc bag you can see where the tallow is cooling leaving a candle wax like residue, and making an airtight seal. This will keep for a very long time several months to years. You can also keep in a jar. I hope you enjoy!!!
If you find this Pemmican/ Jerky recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.