Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is certainly very good advice. But occasionally the last thing you wish to do is put together a whole supper for yourself and your family. Once in a while you need to visit the drive through while you are on your way home and end the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be permitted to do this and not be tormented by remorse about slipping on your diet. This is because a lot of the popular fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is the way to eat healthfully when you visit the drive through.
Aim for the side dishes. Not too long ago, the sole side dish item at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now just about all of the well-known fast food places have expanded their menus. Now you may get a variety of salads. Chili is definitely another option. You could possibly get baked potatoes. You can make fruit. There are a lot of options that don’t require eating anything deep fried. When choosing your meal from the drive through, select a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. This helps you keep your calorie count low and lower your fat intake.
Logic claims that one of the best ways to stay balanced is to sidestep the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a number of good selections and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Once in a while, allowing someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about visiting the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spanish mackerel curry recipe. You can have spanish mackerel curry using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- Prepare A. Ingredients
- You need 5 slices Spanish Mackerel - fried
- Get (Rub Turmeric powder + salt on fish slices before frying)
- Get 5 ladies fingers / okra
- Use 1 egg plant - thickly sliced
- Take B. Spices
- Take 1⁄3 C cooking oil
- Use 1 tsp mixed Indian spices (see Note)
- Get C. Blend into a very fine paste
- Prepare 1 medium or big brown onion
- You need 2 shallots
- You need 2 garlic
- You need 1⁄2 C soaked & softened dried chillies
- You need D. Make into a paste
- Use 1⁄2 C Baba’s Fish Curry Powder
- Provide 1 tbsp Baba’s Meat Curry Powder
- Take E. Seasonings
- Take to taste Chicken seasoning powder
- Provide Note
- Get 1 . Mixed Indian Spices or Panch Phoran can be bought ready mixed from the store
- Prepare 2 . Panch Phoran can also be prepared at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed, nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full in this fish curry
Steps to make Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- A - Rub a teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt (or use chicken seasoning powder) on spanish mackerel slices. Fry fish slices until cooked through. Clean okra or ladies fingers’ stem (the very end of okras stem) and place okra on a hot wok. Cook at very high heat, without oil, for few minutes or until just wilted. This is to reduce the sliminess of the cut okra. Next, slice the eggplant.
- B - Use store-bought, pre-mixed indian spices or prepare at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed and nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full of this mixed spices in this curry. Alternatively, just use a pinch of each spice.
- C - Place ingredients in C with 1⁄4 C - 1⁄3 C of water in a blender and blend into a very fine paste.
- D - Combine D in a bowl. Add enough water to make a soft curry paste, not too thick or too thin.
- Cooking the curry - Over medium heat, heat cooking oil in a big wok. Add B (mixed spices) and stir for few seconds.
- Add in C (blended ingredients) and cook until aromatic and translucent.
- Next, add D (curry paste) and continue cooking and stirring for 4-5 minutes or until oil is separated from the curry mixture.
- Pour 1 1⁄2 cups (to 2 cups) of water. Stir to mix and add sliced egg plant. Cover and bring to a boil and eggplant is tender. Season with enough chicken seasoning powder. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Add okra and fish. Bring curry to a boil again and turn the heat off right after that. Dish up. Serve with rice, dipping bread or roti.
If you find this Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.