Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Just about any article you read about bettering your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is really very true. But at times the last thing you wish to do is put together a whole meal for yourself and your family. Once in a while you just want to pay a visit to the drive through when you are on your way home and end the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be permitted to do this and not be tormented by guilt about slipping on your diet. This can be done because lots of the popular fast food destinations making the effort to make their menus better now. Here is the way to find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Select water, juice or milk as a drink. Drinking a large soda causes hundreds of empty calories into your diet. Usually just one helping of soft drinks should be eight ounces big. Those eight ounces usually are at least 100 calories and close to ten tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food soft drink sizes start at twenty ounces. Thirty ounces, however, is considerably more common. This implies that your drink on it’s own will put a multitude of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. Milk, fruit juices as well as plain water are more healthy options.
Basic reason states that the proper way to lose pounds and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. While, usually, this is a good idea, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes the thing you need is to let other people make your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about visiting the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spanish mackerel curry recipe. To make spanish mackerel curry you only need 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- Use A. Ingredients
- Prepare 5 slices Spanish Mackerel - fried
- Provide (Rub Turmeric powder + salt on fish slices before frying)
- Take 5 ladies fingers / okra
- You need 1 egg plant - thickly sliced
- Use B. Spices
- Prepare 1⁄3 C cooking oil
- Use 1 tsp mixed Indian spices (see Note)
- Take C. Blend into a very fine paste
- Prepare 1 medium or big brown onion
- Use 2 shallots
- Prepare 2 garlic
- Provide 1⁄2 C soaked & softened dried chillies
- Provide D. Make into a paste
- You need 1⁄2 C Baba’s Fish Curry Powder
- Use 1 tbsp Baba’s Meat Curry Powder
- You need E. Seasonings
- Use to taste Chicken seasoning powder
- Provide Note
- Take 1 . Mixed Indian Spices or Panch Phoran can be bought ready mixed from the store
- Prepare 2 . Panch Phoran can also be prepared at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed, nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full in this fish curry
Instructions to make Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- A - Rub a teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt (or use chicken seasoning powder) on spanish mackerel slices. Fry fish slices until cooked through. Clean okra or ladies fingers’ stem (the very end of okras stem) and place okra on a hot wok. Cook at very high heat, without oil, for few minutes or until just wilted. This is to reduce the sliminess of the cut okra. Next, slice the eggplant.
- B - Use store-bought, pre-mixed indian spices or prepare at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed and nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full of this mixed spices in this curry. Alternatively, just use a pinch of each spice.
- C - Place ingredients in C with 1⁄4 C - 1⁄3 C of water in a blender and blend into a very fine paste.
- D - Combine D in a bowl. Add enough water to make a soft curry paste, not too thick or too thin.
- Cooking the curry - Over medium heat, heat cooking oil in a big wok. Add B (mixed spices) and stir for few seconds.
- Add in C (blended ingredients) and cook until aromatic and translucent.
- Next, add D (curry paste) and continue cooking and stirring for 4-5 minutes or until oil is separated from the curry mixture.
- Pour 1 1⁄2 cups (to 2 cups) of water. Stir to mix and add sliced egg plant. Cover and bring to a boil and eggplant is tender. Season with enough chicken seasoning powder. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Add okra and fish. Bring curry to a boil again and turn the heat off right after that. Dish up. Serve with rice, dipping bread or roti.
If you find this Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.