Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Precisely Why Are Apples So Beneficial For Your Health.
On TV plus in magazines everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, however, have you ever asked yourself why? Many individuals have lived with this philosophy for many years, and they in addition pass this on to their children. This idea is known all over the world and individuals just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. You will be happy to know that we have completed a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is thought to be a miracle fruit.
More than likely you’ve heard of Cornell University, well they did their own study on how apples may benefit a persons brain. While doing their study they discovered that, quercetin, which is located in apples helps maintain healthy brain cells. And because of this you will see that apples can actually help people prevent the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
And now you recognize why men and women tell you that you need to eat an apple every day. The huge benefits we covered are just a handful of of the benefits that eating apples can provide. In the event you look and ask around, you are going to come to see that the benefits can seem to be limitless. So do yourself a favor and grab some apples the next time you go to the grocery store. It can definitely help your overall health for short term as well as for the long haul.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken and prawn curry with tamarind recipe. To make chicken and prawn curry with tamarind you only need 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind:
- Use 6 chicken breasts, cubed
- Use 1 kg large prawns, shelled and deveined
- Get 3 tbsp oil - I use sunflower oil when making a curry
- Provide 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp mustard seeds
- You need 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Prepare 6 whole peppercorns
- Provide 4 cloves
- Use 6 curry leaves
- You need 1 bay leaf
- Use 1 tbsp (heaped) ginger, garlic, chilli paste
- Get 1 tbsp curry powder (more can be added as per your preference)
- Get 1⁄2 tsp tumeric powder (hurdee/ haldi)
- Provide 3 large tomatoes, grated (discard skins)
- Provide 1 tbsp corriander powder
- Use 1 cup tamarind "sauce" about 15 - 20 grms dissolved in a cup of warm water then strained & discarded the seeds & pulp. May be substited with about a tablespoonful of lemon juice. Note: tamarind gives an amazing flavour and thickens the gravy
- Get 1 bunch fresh corriander, chopped
Instructions to make Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind:
- Slightly heat oil in a pan then add in the cumin, mustard seeds, cloves, peppercorns and onion.
- Sautè until onion changes colour to a light golden brown.
- Add in curry leaves and bay leaf.
- Mix in ginger, garlic and chilli paste. Followed by curry powder and tumeric powder.
- Add grated tomato and allow to cook through.
- Mix in the corriander powder.
- Once cooked, add in tamarind sauce and allow to simmer for a few moments.
- Mix in chopped corriander.
- Place cubed chicken into gravy. When almost done, add in the prawns and allow to cook through.
- Serve with basmati or other rice of choice.
If you find this Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.