Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Just about any article you read about bettering your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some worth to that. Now and then, though, you totally do not wish to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes almost all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. Why shouldn’t you be capable of do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? This is because many of the popular fast food restaurants on the market are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is how one can find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Your drink should be water or juice or milk. Drinking a large soft drink forces hundreds of empty fat laden calories into your diet. One portion of soda pop is eight oz.. That portion normally is made up of at the very least a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. A fast food soda is almost always a minimum of twenty ounces. Typically, though, they are 30 ounces. Choosing a soda pop as your drink boosts your calorie absorption by thousands and adds way too much sugar to your diet. Milk, fruit juices and also plain water are much healthier selections.
Logic states that that one the easiest way to stay balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good concept but if you make beneficial choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Every now and then, permitting someone else cook dinner is just what you need. When you choose wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai yellow curry with mango & prawns recipe. To make thai yellow curry with mango & prawns you only need 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns:
- Get 1 teaspoon chili paste
- You need 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- Provide 2 teaspoons tamarind sauce
- Use 2 lemongrass stalks
- Take 1 lime
- Provide 1 bay leaf
- Prepare 2 garlic cloves
- Get 1 shallot
- You need 1⁄2 thumb fresh ginger
- Use 1 fresh red chili
- Provide 1 can coconut milk
- Provide 4⁄5 cherry tomatoes OR 1 red bell pepper
- Prepare 8⁄10 Prawns (I used frozen)
- Provide Handful frozen peas
- Get 1 small mango
- Use Handful salted cashews
- Prepare Spices
- You need Bunch fresh coriander
- Prepare 1⁄2 teaspoon Cumin
- You need 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- Take 1 teaspoon Curry
Steps to make Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns:
- Defrost the prawns. Grate the garlic and ginger, chop the shallot, the fresh chili and the mango, halves the cherry tomatoes (or chop the red bell pepper).
- In a medium pot, over a medium fire, heat the fish sauce and the chili paste (adjust the quantity to your liking and the level of spice of your available paste!) for a minute, then add the garlic, the ginger, the shallot and the cashews until lucid & brown, then add the tomatoes (or peppers) and the frozen peas until soft.
- Add the lemongrass, the bay leaf, the mango, half of the coriander, and half of the lime and cook for a minute.
- Add the coconut milk (and a splash of water if needed), then add the spices – Cumin (I personally do not digest it well, but feel free to adjust the quantities to your liking!), Turmeric, and Curry, and stir well to combine.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover with a lid and let it bubble away, being careful it does not dry up too much.
- When nearly ready, add the prawns for a few minutes (I do not like them overcooked!), then remove from the heat, remove the lemongrass stalks, add the tamarind sauce, stir well, and you are ready to serve.
- I like to serve it in little clay serving pots with rice, Thai prawns crackers and sweet chili sauce; garnish with the remaining lime, coriander, and fresh chili.
If you find this Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.