Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Indian Chicken Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Indian Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is really very true. But sometimes the last thing you wish to do is prepare a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes almost all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? You are capable of doing this because most of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Select a drive through for a restaurant that is known for catering to people with better palates. For instance, Arby’s won’t offer hamburgers. As an alternative you’ll be able to select from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps as well as other healthier items. Wendy’s, not surprisingly, is known for its square burgers, nevertheless the menu there has lots of healthy choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Not many fast food locations are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every little thing.
Standard logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose weight is to by pass the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, in most cases, this is a good strategy, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes what you require most is just to have someone else do the cooking. If you decide on healthy items, the shame usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to indian chicken curry recipe. You can cook indian chicken curry using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Indian Chicken Curry:
- Take 500 g Small Chicken Pieces with Bone
- You need 1 cup Coconut pieces (dry or fresh)
- Provide 1⁄2 cup Curd
- You need 2 large Onion sliced
- Use 3 tbsp ginger garlic crushed
- Provide 1 Medium Size Tomato
- Prepare 5-6 Green Chilli
- You need 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Take 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Take 2-3 tbsp Hot red chilli powder (Bedgi)
- Provide 2 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- Use 1 cup Coriander Leaves
- Use 8-9 curry leaves
- You need to taste Salt
- Take 1 cup oil
- You need 2 tsp cumin seeds
Steps to make Indian Chicken Curry:
- Take 2 tbsp oil in deep Pan, add cumin seeds.
- Add chicken in pan and stir it well so oil will coat all over chicken.
- Add turmeric, few chopped leaves of coriander, salt in it. Again stir it until chicken gets white.
- Add 1⁄2 cup of water and put lid on it and cook it until it gets dry or 10-15 mins.
- Take another pan and add 2tbsp oil in it. As soon as oil gets hot add half sliced onion and red chilli in it and fry it until onion turns golden brown. Take fried onion and red chilli with remaining oil in pan and grind it with ginger garlic and 3tbsp of coriander. Grind it until it become smooth paste
- Now take coconut slices and grind them too. Do not add any water or oil as we don't want to make paste. Let it be little coarse.
- Now let's turn to our gravy preparation.
- Take all remaining oil in pan, heat it on medium flame,
- Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, and green chilli and let it get little fry. Later add remaining half portion of sliced onion and fry them till it starts getting light golden.
- Add coconut and roast them till it get golden colour.
- Add our onion ginger garlic paste. And sauté it well and wait till mixture starts seperating oil. At this point start adding our spice powder (except Garam Masala) one by one and let them cook for another 3-4 mins.
- Add curd in it and mix it well. Wait till water in curd get evaporate. This is time you add our cooked chicken in it. And stir it well so all mixture will coat chicken pieces. If you thing mixture is too dry add some water in it (1 cup)
- Do not put lid on it as we have already cooked our chicken before.
- Add salt (remember we have also added salt while cooking chicken. Add accordingly) tomato and Garam masala powder and give a nice stir. Let it cook for 3-5 mins more. Add chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot with naan or rice.
If you find this Indian Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.