Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Have Huge Advantages For Your Health.
I am certain you’ve heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is important? Many individuals have lived with this school of thought for many years, and they in addition pass this on to their children. You will even find that individuals in other country’s also adhere to this simple rule and they do not know why. In the following paragraphs we are going to be examining apples to see if they really are a food which will help to keep you healthy.
One more thing that has been found is that apples can furthermore help your heart. More than likely you know that apples contain fiber, and that, and some of the various other substances of apples can promote heart health. Just one more of the added benefits apples can give you is that it can help you to lower your cholesterol, and you should also know that this also helps your heart. Needless to say to get all the benefits from apples you should know that most of the benefits can be found in the apples skin. If you happen to be one of the individuals who skin their apple before consuming it, you may want to change that habit so that you are getting all the benefits from the apple that you can get.
And now you understand why men and women tell you that you need to eat an apple every day. In this article we just discussed a few of the benefits of eating an apple a day. If you look and ask around, you are going to come to see that the benefits can seem to be limitless. I hope that the the very next time you go to the grocery store you find yourself getting plenty of apples. It can really help your health for short term and also for the long haul.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chettinad chicken curry recipe. To make chettinad chicken curry you need 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chettinad Chicken Curry:
- Get 1 kg Indian desi chicken
- Provide 300 gm Madras onions, sliced
- Prepare 2 tbsp ghee
- Take 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- Get To taste Salt
- You need 15 curry leaves
- Get For masala paste
- Get 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- Prepare 1 1⁄2 tsp cumin seeds
- Take 1 tsp black peppercorns
- Provide 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- Get 5 cloves
- You need 4 green cardamons
- Prepare 2 star anise
- Prepare 1 inch cinnamon bark
- Use 2 stone flower (kalpasi/dagad phool)
- Use 5 red chilli (spicy but not colour)
- Use 1 bay leaf
- Prepare 1-2 strings of mace
- Provide 7-8 cashewnuts
- Provide 10 cloves garlic
- Provide 1 inch ginge sliced
- Prepare 1⁄4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- You need 1 tsp tamarind pulp
- Provide 1⁄2 cup fresh grated coconut
Instructions to make Chettinad Chicken Curry:
- Firstly clean the chicken. My personal preference is desi chicken but you can use broiler or english chicken. Add half a lemon juice and turmeric powder. Mix it well and let it marinade for atleast half an hour
- Slice the onions. Accumulate all the spices for the spice mix masala paste. Dry roast all the masala, except for Fenugreek seeds and grated coconut. Midway add the garlic and ginger and roast till the spices are well roasted and brown. Remove it in a plate and allow it to cool. This is essential for the brown colour of the gravy. Dry roast the coconut till it turns brown.
- Transfer the roasted spices and coconut along with the garlic and ginger to a mixer grinder. Add the Fenugreek seeds along with the tamarind, add some water and make a fine paste.
- In a pot or a kadhai add ghee and let it heat on high flame. Add the sliced onions and saute it till it becomes soft. Add the curry leaves and saute it till it starts turning brown. Add the chicken at this stage and stir well for 4-5 mins. The chicken will release water and it will evaporate during this process. Add the masala paste and stir well. Use water to use every bit of the masala paste in the grinder. Add 3-4 cups of water. Add salt as per taste.
- Let it come to a boil on high flame and then cover the lid and let it simmer on medium flame. After 10 mins stir and check the chicken. Cover the lid and let it cook for another 10 mins till the chicken is perfectly cook. Desi chicken should take 25-30 mins while broiler chicken would take about 20 mins. Turn off the gas and let the chicken sit in the pot so that chicken is cooked to perfection and the flavours get absorbed in the chicken. Serve it with steamed rice.
If you find this Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.