Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect 'Saag Paneer' Indian Spinach Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect 'Saag Paneer' Indian Spinach Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 'Saag Paneer' Indian Spinach Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Fantastic For Your Health.
I am sure you have heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is actually important? This is something that many men and women live by and they also make certain their children are eating at least one apple a day. This concept is known all over the world and individuals just take it as fact without knowing if this is actually true. In this article we are going to be looking at apples to see if they really are a food that will help to keep you healthy.
According to another study, apples may also have great results on your brain. This research showed that the ingredients in apples have the capacity to help keep your brain cells from deteriorating as we grow older. Not to mention thanks to this ingredient in apples, they are able to essentially reduce Alzheimer’s symptoms.
I really hope I have revealed some good information that revealed why apples are so good. Something you should recognize is that we only mentioned a portion of the benefits of eating apples. All the benefits would take us too long to include in this post, nevertheless the information is out there. I really hope that the next time you go to the food store you end up getting plenty of apples. It can really help your overall health for short term and also for the long haul.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 'saag paneer' indian spinach curry recipe. You can cook 'saag paneer' indian spinach curry using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare 'Saag Paneer' Indian Spinach Curry:
- Use 500 grams Spinach
- Provide 1 large Onion
- Prepare 2 medium Tomatoes (or canned tomatoes)
- Take 2 clove Garlic
- Take 1 1⁄2 cm Ginger
- Get 1 handful Cilantro leaves
- Use 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- You need 1 1⁄2 tbsp ☆ Coriander
- Take 1 tsp ☆ Turmeric powder
- Use 1 tbsp ☆ Garam masala
- You need 1⁄4 tsp ☆ Cayenne pepper
- Provide 3 tbsp Heavy cream (or substitute with yogurt)
- Prepare 1 Salt
- You need 150 grams Paneer (or bite-sized pieces of chicken breast, potatoes, etc.)
Steps to make 'Saag Paneer' Indian Spinach Curry:
- Rinse the spinach well and place in an empty pot. Cook until wilted. You can also heat the spinach in boiling water.
- Lightly rinse the wilted spinach and puree in the food processor. It will turn out very fragrant and rich in color.
- Finely chop the garlic and ginger. Cut the onion into 7 mm cubes. Finely chop or food process your tomatoes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat, and add the cumin seeds. It'll start popping.
- Once the cumin starts to pop a lot and begins to brown, add in the garlic and ginger and saute.
- Add the onions and saute well until translucent.
- Add all the spices marked with ☆ and saute while mixing them thoroughly. It'll seem dry, but it's fine that way.
- Add the tomatoes and keep sauteing. Saute until the shape of the tomatoes disappears and the mixture starts to thicken.
- Please saute until it turns into a paste like in this picture. There will be some oil oozing out from the tomatoes and onions.
- Add the pureed spinach and saute more.
- Once the spinach and tomatoes are mixed together evenly, add either heavy cream or yogurt and stir well.
- Add 100 ml of water and 1 teaspoon of salt. After bringing it to a boil, let simmer for about 10 minutes over low heat.
- Gently mix in the paneer. Check the saltiness and adjust to your liking.
- Garnish with some finely chopped coriander leaves and it's done. Enjoy it while it's still hot.
If you find this 'Saag Paneer' Indian Spinach Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.