Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Lentil Curry or Masoor Dal recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lentil Curry or Masoor Dal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil Curry or Masoor Dal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is really very good advice. Sometimes, though, the last thing you need is to have to cook an evening meal from scratch. Sometimes just about all you want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There is no reason that you shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because many of the famous fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is the way to find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Go for the side dishes. Not so long ago, the only side dish item at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Today the majority of the most popular fast food franchises have enhanced their offerings. Now you can find a variety of salads. You can get chili. You could possibly get baked potatoes. You can get fruit. There are so many options that you can choose that do not force you to consume foods that have been deep fried. When you buy your dinner through a drive through window, choose side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you do this you can keep your fat content and calorie counts low.
Fundamental reason states that the proper way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a few good decisions and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the best thing is to let another person produce your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about visiting the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil curry or masoor dal recipe. You can have lentil curry or masoor dal using 17 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lentil Curry or Masoor Dal:
- Provide 1 cup Kali masoor dal, washed, soaked in water overnight,
- Prepare Pinch hing,
- Take 1⁄4 tsp haldi powder,
- Take to taste, Salt
- Get 1 tsp oil,
- Use 4-5 tbsp For curry – desi ghee,
- You need Pinch zeera,
- Take 1 tsp garlic paste,
- Use 1 tsp ginger paste,
- Use 1 tbsp onion paste,
- Use 1 tbsp fresh tomato puree,
- Take 1⁄2 tsp haldi powder,
- You need 1 tsp red chilli powder,
- You need 1 tsp dhania powder,
- You need 1⁄2 tsp garam masala powder,
- Get to taste Salt
- Get 1 aloo cut into square pcs,
Steps to make Lentil Curry or Masoor Dal:
- Take a pressure cooker, add dal & all the given ingredients, add water accordingly so as to keep dal thick.
- Place the lid, give 4 whistles at high flame.
- Remove it from the flame, let it cool, take out in a bowl, keep aside,do not stir.
- Wash the same cooker to avoid burning. Add ghee, heat it.
- Add zeera, let it splutter.
- Add ginger garlic paste, add lil water also, saute it for a while.
- Now add onion paste, add very lil water, stir fry it for a while.
- Lower the flame, cover it with the lid, cook it till golden brown. Stir in between.
- Open the lid now, increase the flame, add salt & fresh tomato puree, stir it nicely.
- Lower the flame now, cover it with the lid, cook it till oil separates.
- Open the lid, increase the flame, add haldi, dhania & red chilli powder, again add lil water, stir it nicely.
- Moderate the flame, cover it again, cook it till oil has oozed out.
- Now take another pan, add lil oil, heat it, fry aloo till light brown.
- Add fried aloo into the masala, give a stir.
- Add garam masala powder, increase the flame, stir it nicely.
- Add cooked dal, give a gentle stir.
- Now add water accordingly so as to keep a lil thick.
- Place the lid now, give 3-4 whistles at high flame.
- Switch off the flame, open the lid after 5 minutes of cooling.
- Take out in a serving bowl, garnish it with chopped dhania patta & dollop of fresh cream.
- Have it with Missi roti or Nan..
If you find this Lentil Curry or Masoor Dal recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.