Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Prawn Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Prawn Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawn Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually excellent advice. From time to time, though, you definitely do not wish to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes you just want to reach the drive through along the way home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be permitted to do this and not be plagued by guilt about slipping on your diet. This is because most well-known fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their menus. Here is how you can eat healthy when you hit the drive through.
Concentrate on the sides. It wasn’t that long ago that all you could get in a fast food cafe was French Fries. Today the vast majority of the most popular fast food franchises have increased their products. There are many salads around now. You can get chili. Baked potatoes can also be purchased. Fruit is normally obtainable. There are many healthful options that do not include things like putting something deep fried into your body. When you buy your supper through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. You’ll keep your calorie and fatty food count lower and escape time and effort.
Logic claims that one the simplest way to stay healthy and balanced is to sidestep the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good concept but if you make great choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Sometimes the thing you need is to let another person make your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about going to the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to prawn curry recipe. You can have prawn curry using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Prawn Curry:
- Provide 20 Jumbo Prawns or Shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- Provide Enough water to soak the prawns completely
- Prepare 8 –10 dried Kashmiri Red Chillies
- You need 6 Garlic Cloves
- Provide 1 teaspoon whole Peppercorns
- Get 1 tablespoon whole Coriander Seeds
- Use 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- Take 1 small knob of Tamarind (1 teaspoon Tamarind Paste)
- Use 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup grated Coconut
- Provide 1 cup Coconut Milk
- You need for the curry
- Provide 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Use 1 tablespoon finely minced Ginger
- Provide 1⁄2 cup finely chopped Onions
- You need 1⁄2 cup finely chopped Tomatoes
- Provide to taste Salt
- You need 8 –10 Curry Leaves
Steps to make Prawn Curry:
- Start by defrosting prawns. Transfer prawns to a bowl and add enough cold water to soak them properly for 15 minutes. Before using, wash the prawns once or twice in running water and add them to the curry.
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned under ground masala to a smooth paste and set aside
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and add ginger and onions. Saute the onions till they are a light golden brown and add tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes for 5-7 minutes till they break down easily with the back of a spoon.
- Add the ground masala and salt to the pan and bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame and simmer the masala for 10-15 minutes till the colour deepens slightly. Add the defrosted (drain the water) prawns to the gravy and cook them for 7-8 minutes. Sprinkle curry leaves on top, mix well and switch off the flame. Let the curry rest for 5 minutes before serving with steamed rice.
If you find this Prawn Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.