Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Tenderest Beef Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tenderest Beef Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Just about every single article you read about bettering your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some value to that. From time to time, though, the last thing you choose is to have to make a meal from scratch. Once in a while you just want to visit the drive through when you are on your way home and end the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be tormented by guilt about slipping on your diet. You are capable of doing this because most of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here’s how it’s possible to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food spot.
Select a drive through at a restaurant that is known for catering to people with healthy palates. Arby’s for example, isn’t going to provide burgers. Instead, the options include things like roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. Wendy’s, while no stranger to the hamburger, also includes a lot of alternative meal choices: large salads, large baked potatoes and other tasty items fill its menu. Most fast food restaurants will not stoop to the harmful lows seen at McDonalds.
Logic claims that one of the best ways to stay healthy is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good concept but if you make great choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. Sometimes the best thing is to let other people create your dinner. When you choose healthy menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tenderest beef curry recipe. To cook tenderest beef curry you need 27 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tenderest Beef Curry:
- Provide 3 lbs top sirloin, cut into strips 1⁄2 inch thick x 1-2 inches
- You need 2 tbsp salt
- Use 3 tbsp black pepper
- Get 6 tbsp garam masala
- Get 1 cup yogurt
- Take 2 tsp fennel seeds
- Provide 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Prepare 2 tbsp cumin
- Take 2 tbsp coriander
- Provide 2 tsp turmeric
- Get 1 onion, diced
- Provide 2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- You need 8 garlic cloves grated
- Get 2 tbsp ginger paste
- Get 5 cardamom pods
- Take 5 cloves
- Take 2 cinnamon sticks
- Take 1⁄2 cup hot madras curry powder
- Use 1 cup beef broth
- Get 1 (28 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- Use 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Use 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Prepare 1 tbsp anchovy paste
- Prepare 3 tbsp cinnamon
- You need 6 thai chiles, finely chopped (or 3 serrano chiles)
- Take 3 tbsp tomatoe paste
- Take 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Steps to make Tenderest Beef Curry:
- Combine beef, salt, pepper, yogurt, and garam masala in a ziplock bag or in a bowl. Coat all the beef. Put in the fridge to marinate at least 1 hour up to overnight.
- Toast fennel and caraway seeds, cumin, coriander and turmeric. Grind in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle until fine. Set aside.
- Put 1 tbsp of butter in a cast iron dutch oven over medium heat. Add chopped onion and stir until brown. Once you start to get some good browning add 1⁄2 cup of water to the mix. These will be cooking for about 15 minutes so we'll come back to them in step 5.
- Heat another cast iron pan over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp butter. When the pan is searing hot (about 3 minutes) add pieces of beef. You will probably have to work these in batches. Cook the meat just long enough to get a sear on each side. Remove and set aside
- Back to your onions.once the water has evaporated, add another 1⁄2 cup. Wait another fifteen minutes until all the water has evaporated.
- When all the waters gone, you should have nice caramelized onions.
- Add toasted spice mix, cardamom pods, cloves, garlic, ginger, curry powder and cinnamon sticks to the pan. Stir around for about 30 seconds
- Add the beef broth, scrape the bottom of the pan to release any frond from cooking the spices. Stir well.
- Crush tomatoes with you fingers in a small bowl until all the large chunks are basically pureed.
- Add tomatoes, garlic powder, soy sauce, anchovy paste, cinnamon, chilies, tomato paste and the beef to the pot. Stir well.
- Now the hard parts done, bring the curry to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce to medium. Allow the curry to thicken and reduce for about one hour. Stir every fifteen minutes, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan.
- After an hour you should have a thick fragrant beef curry. Serve over basmati rice.
If you find this Tenderest Beef Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.