Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lamb & sweet potato curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lamb & sweet potato curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Wholesome Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to do all of their own cooking. There’s some value to this. Sometimes, though, the last thing you need is to have to prepare a meal from scratch. Once in a while you need to check out the drive through while you’re on your way home and complete the day. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? You are able to do this because lots of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here is how one can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Milk, juice as well as water will be the best options for beverages. When you sip a big soft drink you are introducing too much empty calories to your day. A solitary portion of soda is commonly thought to be eight ounces. That helping may contain lots of spoonfuls of sugar as well as at least a hundred calories. Most fast food soda sizes start at twenty ounces. Usually, though, they’re 30 ounces. This shows that your drink on it’s own will put a multitude of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. Water, fruit juice as well as milk, on the other hand, are better choices.
Traditional logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and shed pounds is to by pass the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good concept but if you make good choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Sometimes the thing you need most is just to have someone else do the cooking. If you choose healthy products, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lamb & sweet potato curry recipe. To make lamb & sweet potato curry you only need 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lamb & sweet potato curry:
- You need 500 grams lamb stewing meat
- Use 1⁄2 medium onion chopped
- Take 1 sweet potato (peeled and sliced into half disks)
- Use 1 tsp tumeric powder
- Prepare 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- Get 1 tbsp mild and spicy curry powder
- Provide 2 star anise (crushed)
- Provide 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (or half red chilli chopped)
- Provide 2 tbsp chutney (I use hot)
- You need 1 tsp hot sauce (I use blairs after death, if you want your curry hotter or milder use a different sauce accordingly)
- Take 1 soup packet/stew packet/stock (enough for 500ml water, I used a mutton/veggie soup mix from know, brown onion will also work well)
- Prepare 1 tbsp garam masala spice mix
- Prepare 2 dash vegtable oil
- You need 1 tsp garlic(peeled and chopped)
- You need salt and pepper
- Get 500 ml boiling water
- Prepare 1 can tomato onion mix
Instructions to make Lamb & sweet potato curry:
- Put the oil, onions, chilli flakes and garlic in a medium pot on the stove on medium heat,
- When onions start going soft, add tumeric powder mix well and add the meat, add the salt and peper to taste and brown the meat.
- Add the contents of the tomato and mix to the pot mix well. Boil the 500ml water and mix the soup powder in thoroughly ( I use a blender), add chutney and blend again.
- Add the soup mix to the pot and reduce heat to low(curry should simmer gently until finished)
- Add the star anise(2 leaves of the star) and curry powders to the pot, mix well and leave to simmer for an hour - 2 hours.
- Check on the curry every half hour and stir ensuring that it does not stick, add the sweet potato and cook for a further hour.
- Add the garam masala spice mix to a pan and roast on the stove top for 5 minutes, add to the curry and cook for a further 10 minutes. Your curry is now ready to be served and enjoyed with rice and sambals!
If you find this Lamb & sweet potato curry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.