Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Meat Curry Buns recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Meat Curry Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Meat Curry Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Have Enormous Benefits For Your Health.
I am certain you have heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is important? Many men and women have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they also pass this on to their children. This idea is known all over the world and individuals just take it as fact without knowing if this is actually true. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be sharing that with you here.
You might have always been told to be certain that you are eating your fruit and veggies so you get your vitamins, but apples have always been at the top of the list. Well lets have a look at the vitamins and minerals that you can find in just one apple. Apples have, manganese, phosphorus and calcium and all are generally good for your health, but there are also many more healthy minerals in apples. And you’ll even find vitamins in your apples like, vitamin A, B1, B2, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, B6, C, E, K and various other trace vitamins.
I really hope I have revealed some information that defined why apples are so good for you. Something you should understand is that we only covered a handful of the benefits of eating apples. All of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this article, but the information is out there. I hope that the next time you go to the food store you find yourself getting plenty of apples. It can really help your health and wellbeing for short term and also for the long haul.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to meat curry buns recipe. You can cook meat curry buns using 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Meat Curry Buns:
- Take A. Tanzhong/water roux/slurry
- You need 60 g bread flour/plain flour
- Prepare 300 g water
- Get B. Meat Curry Filling
- Take 2 C diced potato
- Take 2 C cooked, minced meat
- Get 4 tbsp cooking oil
- Prepare 1⁄2 C minced brown onion
- Get 1⁄2 tsp hot chilli flakes
- Get 1 tbsp shredded curry leaves
- Prepare 1 tsp KEEN curry powder
- Prepare 2 tbsp BABA's meat curry powder
- Provide 1⁄2 C water
- Prepare 2 tsp chicken seasoning powder
- Take (Or salt to taste)
- Use C. The dough (bun)
- Prepare 150 g water
- Provide 1 (60 g) egg - lightly beaten
- Take 2 tbsp sugar
- Provide 2 tbsp butter/oil
- Provide 1 tsp salt
- Prepare 540 g bread flour
- Get 3 tbsp milk powder
- Take 1 tsp bread improver
- Get 2 1⁄4 tsp INSTANT dried yeast
- Get D. Glazing
- Provide 1 egg - beaten (apply before baking)
- Provide 2 tbsp butter (apply after baking)
Instructions to make Meat Curry Buns:
- Note: Start by preparing tanzhong/water roux. This can be made few hours earlier or a day before baking. Next, prepare/cook the filling. Then, Measure out all ingredients before getting started.
- A. Tangzhong - Mix flour and water in a small pot and whisk until there is no lump. Heat this mixture over low heat, keep stirring until it turns into a thick paste. Tangzhong is ready when the spoon used to stir leaves a visible trail all the way to the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat and leave to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap to keep it from drying before adding to the bread dough. This tanzhong can be prepared the night before or an hour before baking.
- B. Meat Curry Filling - half cook diced potato. Drain water. In a pot, cook minced meat in water, let it boil and then, drain the water. Next, heat oil over medium heat, add minced brown onion, shredded curry leaves, KEEN curry powder, BABA's meat/chicken curry powder & hot chilli flakes. Stir until aromatic then add cubed potato & 1⁄2 cup of water. Simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in minced meat & season. Taste & adjust. Let this filling simmer over low heat until potato is tender.
- C. The Dough - Proof active dried yeast in 150g of tepid water for 5-10mins. In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached, add A (tanzhong), yeast mixture and the rest of the ingredients in C & mix at low speed for about 5mins. Stop the mixer, scrap the dough from the side of the bowl. Continue mixing (increased speed) & kneading for 10-15mins until dough is stretchable. This dough is a bit wet & sticky. Dont be tempted to add extra flour. Proceed to step 6.
- Note: If using a bread maker, place A (Tangzhong) in a bread pan followed by the rest of the ingredients in C. If using INSTANT DRIED YEAST, no proofing is required. INSTANT DRIED YEAST is added last to the bread pan. Press ‘dough’ function. Wait until it beeps and stops then Proceed to step 7.
- Grease a big bowl with oil. Transfer the dough into this bowl. Cover with cling film and let it rise for 1 hour or more or until it doubles in size.
- Once the first proofing is done, transfer dough to a generously floured work top. Punch the air out of the dough. Divide & weigh dough into smaller portions (50g each). Roll each portion lightly into balls (avoid pressing when rolling). Do the same with the rest.
- Once all done, take each ball, flatten & place a tsp full of filling then seal or wrap it neatly. Then roll the dough again in a circular motion with your palm against the table until it forms a round ball. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet/tray lined with parchment paper. Cover & let rise for another 40-50mins. Preheat oven to 160-170 C.
- Right before baking, gently brush the rolls with thin layer of beaten egg. Bake for 15 mins or until the rolls are lightly golden. Apply a thin layer of melted butter right after the buns are out from the oven. Serve warm. Extra buns can be kept for few days. Microwave for 30sec & serve warm.
If you find this Meat Curry Buns recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.