Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy Chicken Curry South Indian Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Chicken Curry South Indian Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Several Basic Explanations Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
I am certain you’ve heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is actually important? Many individuals have lived with this school of thought for many years, and they also pass this on to their children. This thought is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is actually true. In our research we have found out why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be discussing that with you here.
So what can all these vitamins and minerals do for the health of your system. You might or might not be aware that apples can actually help reduce risks of different cancers, and that is because of all the things in apples. Some of the cancers that apples will help prevent are breast, liver, lung and colon cancers. That point alone ought to be enough to make sure men and women are eating at least one apple a day.
To conclude, I guess an apple a day actually can keep the doctor away and now you know why. Something you should realize is that we only discussed a portion of the benefits of eating apples. You will be able to locate many more benefits regarding your health when it comes to apples. So do yourself a favor and pick up some apples the very next time you go to the store. These apples can lead to helping you to live a longer and also healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy chicken curry south indian style recipe. You can cook spicy chicken curry south indian style using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy Chicken Curry South Indian Style:
- Get 1 chicken , cleaned and cut into pieces
- You need 2 potatoes , cubed
- Provide 1 tomato , sliced
- Provide 2 onions , sliced
- You need 2 Tablespoons garlic , chopped
- Get 1 Tablespoon ginger , chopped
- Provide 2 green chillies , slit lengthwise
- Get 1 cinnamon stick
- Prepare 1 bay leaf
- Prepare 4 cloves
- Take 2 pods cardamom
- Take 1 Tablespoon fennel seeds (saunf)
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons coriander seeds whole
- Take 4 chillies whole dry red
- You need 4 Tablespoons coconut grated / dessicated
- You need handful curry leaves of
- You need 2 Teaspoons chilli powder
- Take 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder
- Take 1 Teaspoon coriander powder
- You need 1⁄4 Teaspoon mustard seeds
Steps to make Spicy Chicken Curry South Indian Style:
- Clean the chicken and cut into medium size pieces. wash well, drain and marinate with 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder and a bit of salt. set aside.
- Dry roast the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom pods, bay leaf, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, whole red chilies, desiccated coconut and a few curry leaves. keep mixing it well so that no part of it gets burned. the coconut should have turned an even brown, and the curry leaves should be wilted and dry.
- Transfer the dry roasted spices and coconut to a mixer and grind to a paste using a little water. set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai / vessel. add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add the curry leaves and toss about for 10 seconds.
- Add the slit green chilies, ginger and garlic. Stir till they turn a slight golden brown.
- Add the sliced onions and the remaining turmeric powder. stir till the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomato, remaining chili powder and coriander powder. stir well (about 2 minutes).
- Next, reduce the heat to medium and add the masala paste prepared earlier. mix well, about 2 minutes. then add the potatoes and stir well. cook covered for about a minute.
- Increase the heat to high, and add the marinated chicken pieces. stir them around till the pieces are evenly coated with the masala and turn slightly opaque.
- Add enough water to form a gravy, and return to a medium - low flame. cook covered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- By this time, the fat should have separated from the curry. add salt at this stage, stir and cook uncovered for another 5 minutes.
- Check seasoning and test the potatoes to see if done, and switch off the flame.
- Let the curry rest for about 20 minutes, before serving. serve with rotis or rice.
If you find this Spicy Chicken Curry South Indian Style recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.