Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Certainly Have Massive Benefits For Your Health.
More than likely you’ve heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is actually important? This is something that many individuals live by and they also ensure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that individuals in other country’s also stick to this simple rule and they don’t even know why. You will be delighted to know that we have carried out a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is considered a miracle fruit.
So what can all these vitamins and minerals do for the particular health of your body. You may or may not be aware that apples can actually help reduce risks of different cancers, and that is due to all the things in apples. And also by eating apples it is possible to lower your chances of getting breast or lung cancer. I’m not sure about you however, when I read that I went out and purchased an entire bag of apples.
And now you understand why individuals tell you that you ought to eat an apple every day. One thing you should recognize is that we only discussed a portion of the benefits of eating apples. Should you look and ask around, you’ll come to see that the benefits can appear limitless. I am hoping that the next time you go to the food store you wind up getting plenty of apples. These apples can certainly end up helping you to live a longer and also healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to curry chicken - caribbean style recipe. To make curry chicken - caribbean style you need 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style:
- You need 4 lbs chicken (thighs and legs skin off)
- Provide 4 medium size potatoes roughly chopped
- Provide 3-4 tbsp veggie oil
- You need 1⁄2 c water
- Prepare 2 tsp salt
- Take 2 tsp black pepper
- Prepare 2 garlic cloves diced
- You need 1 medium onion (diced)
- Provide 1 large tomato
- Provide 3 scallions chopped
- Provide 3 sticks fresh thyme
- Get 4 tbsp ketchup
- You need 3 tbsp Amchar Massala (I use Chief brand)
- Prepare 4 tbsp curry powder (I use Blue Mountain Jamaican Hot)
- Prepare 1 scotch bonnet (a.ka. Jamaican Pepper)
Steps to make Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style:
- In a large mixing bowl combine your chicken, 1⁄2 your chopped onion, fresh thyme, chopped scallions, salt, pepper, tomato, ketchup, amchar massala and your chopped up scotch bonnet.
- Mix ingredients in the bowl by hand thoroughly and then cover. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and let marinate.
- Place your large Dutch pot on the stove and turn heat on high and let pot hot.
- Lower the heat to medium and add your veggie oil and the rest of the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes (be careful not to let your garlic burn)
- Add your curry powder and stir for an additional 3 minutes to cook the raw curry taste.
- Add 1⁄4 cup of water and continue to stir. - - You should notice that the liquid in the pot is cooked off and the curry is forming somewhat like a paste.
- Begin adding your marinated chicken. Turn the heat up to medium high.
- Stir the chicken to coat the pieces with the curry.
- Place the lid on the pot for about 15-20 minutes. About 8 minutes in, check and stir the chicken. Recover with lid and let cook for the remainder 15-20 minutes.
- After the 15-20 minutes add your potatoes and the rest of the water. Turn your heat up to high and bring to a boil. Place the lid half way on to cook off some of the liquid.
- Chicken curry is done when meat begins to fall off the bone and a nice gravey forms. - - Note - you can add more water if needed for gravey.
- Serve with a side of rice and a wedge cornbread. Enjoy……
If you find this Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.