Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chemmeen Achar - Kerala Style Prawns Pickle recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chemmeen Achar - Kerala Style Prawns Pickle recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Just about every single article you read about restoring your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some worth to that. Now and then, though, you definitely do not wish to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes you just would like to hit the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be permitted to do this and not be suffering from shame about slipping on your diet. You are capable of doing this because most of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is the way to eat healthfully when you reach the drive through.
Choose the drive through according to if it has better options available. For instance, Arby’s doesn’t serve hamburgers. Instead, the options include roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. Wendy’s, while no stranger to the hamburger, also includes plenty of additional meal choices: large salads, large baked potatoes and other tasty items fill its menu. Not all fast food spots are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every thing.
Basic logic states that the best way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a few good choices and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Every now and then, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. When you want healthful menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chemmeen achar - kerala style prawns pickle recipe. To cook chemmeen achar - kerala style prawns pickle you only need 22 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chemmeen Achar - Kerala Style Prawns Pickle:
- Use 1 :- ( marinate and sun dry) Bowl
- Provide 1⁄2 kg Shrimp / Chemmeen - ( fresh or cooked)
- Provide 1 chili powder tea Kashmiri red - spoon
- Provide pinch Turmeric powder - a large
- Take to taste Salt
- You need Oil for frying
- Take 2 :- Bowl
- Use 2 chili powder tea Red - spoon ( use as per your heat level)
- Get 1⁄4 Turmeric tea powder - spoon
- Take 2 Vinegar - table spoon
- Prepare 1⁄4 pepper tea Crushed - spoon ( optional)
- Use 3 :- Bowl
- Use 1 Mustard seeds tea - spoon
- Take 1⁄2 1⁄4 Fenugreek seeds tea tea - spoon or powder - spoon
- You need 8 cloves Garlic sliced - - 10
- You need 2 Ginger tea sliced - spoon
- Use 1 or 2 Green chili sliced -
- You need 2 - 3 Curry leaves - strings
- Take pinch kaayam Hing / - a large
- Use 2 Vinegar - table spoon ( optional)
- You need 2 or 3 Gingelly oil Nalenna / - table spoon
- Use to taste Salt
Steps to make Chemmeen Achar - Kerala Style Prawns Pickle:
- If using fresh shrimp, clean, devein it and wash it thoroughly. I used frozen cooked salad shrimp, so i just thawed it overnight in the fridge.
- Marinate it with all other ingredients in Bowl 1, arrange it on a tray or cookie sheet and leave it open in the sun for a day or two. I keep it from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm for nearly 2 days. Every evening take it inside,leave it on your counter top, covered or uncovered.
- So if you don't wanna wait till then, marinate the shrimp, keep it for some time and the fry it. (See notes @ the end to see other options)
- When your ready to make it, fry the shrimp in oil. You can either deep fry or shallow fry it.But i prefer deep frying for this. Drain on paper towels. Set aside
- Grind all the ingredients in Bowl 2 to a fine paste. Sprinkle a table spoon of water if necessary.
- Heat some oil from the fried shrimp pan, or you can use nalenna / sesame oil for this step.
- Add mustard seeds,when they splutter add fenugreek seeds. (if using fenugreek powder use at the end of cooking)
- Slide in chopped ginger, garlic,green chiles and curry leaves and fry for 3-4 minutes on medium flame till the raw smell disappears. Add the Bowl 2 - chili paste and mix well. Sprinkle 1⁄4 cup water and bring to boil…..
- Stir in the fried Prawns and combine well, Saute for 3-4 minutes, till it is heated through (add fenugreek powder if you are using it now) Give a salt check. Switch off the flame. Let it cool.
- When it is in room temperature add hing and 2 more table spoon of vinegar (optional) and mix well.
- My mom leave it on the stove top for a day and then transfer it into glass jars.
- Pour 2 or 3 table spoons of Nalenna/ Gingelly oil over it and keep outside for a day or two and then keep refrigerated.
If you find this Chemmeen Achar - Kerala Style Prawns Pickle recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.