Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Prawn malai curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Prawn malai curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawn malai curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually very true. But sometimes the last thing you want to do is prepare a whole meal for yourself and your family. Once in a while you only want to check out the drive through while you’re on your way home and complete the day. There is simply no reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because a lot of the popular fast food restaurants on the market are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food restaurant.
Focus on the sides. It wasn’t so long ago that French Fries were your only side dish option at a restaurant. Today the majority of the most popular fast food franchises have increased their offerings. There are lots of salads out there today. You may also pick out Chili. Baked potatoes can even be purchased. You can get fruit. There are a lot of possibilities that don’t require eating one thing deep fried. When you order your dinner through a drive through window, opt for side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you do this you may keep your fat content and also calorie counts low.
Logic says that one the easiest way to stay healthy is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. While, in most cases, this is a good idea, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Occasionally, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. When you want healthy menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to prawn malai curry recipe. To make prawn malai curry you only need 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Prawn malai curry:
- Provide 1⁄4 tsp cardamom seeds
- Use 3 cloves
- Take 3 (1 inch) Cinnamon sticks
- Take 2 tsp oil
- Provide 4 whole cloves
- Take 3 green cardamon pods
- Take 1 onion grated
- Provide 11⁄4 tsp ginger paste
- Provide 1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- Get 1⁄2 cup chopped tomatoes
- Provide 1⁄2 cup water
- Get 1 cup coconut milk
- You need 1 pound tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
- Provide 1 tsp ghee (clarified butter) (optional)
Steps to make Prawn malai curry:
- Prepare the fresh garam masala: in a coffee grinder, grind the cardamom seeds, 3 whole cloves, and 3 cinnamon sticks to a fine powder. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the 4 whole cloves, 4 cardamom pods, and 2 sticks of cinnamons and fry for a few seconds (take care as cloves tend to pop out of the pan). Stir in the grated onion and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook and stir until the liquid dries and the onion no longer smells raw, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger paste and garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the turmeric and cayenne pepper. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes. Pour in the water, cover the pan, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir well. When the mixture is just below boiling, stir in the prawns. Sprinkle the mixture with almost all of the fresh garam masala powder, reserving a pinch to use as a garnish. Gently stir to combine. Do not cover the pan at this stage, as the coconut milk will curdle
- As soon as the prawns are pink and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes, add the ghee. Remove the pan from the heat. Sprinkle the reserved garam masala over the dish and serve.
If you find this Prawn malai curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.