Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu / South Indian Toor dal Kofta Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu / South Indian Toor dal Kofta Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu / South Indian Toor dal Kofta Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Certainly Have Massive Advantages To Improve Your Health.
On TV plus in magazines absolutely everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, having said that, have you ever asked yourself why? This is a thing that many individuals live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that people in other country’s also stick to this simple rule and they do not even know why. In this article we are going to be looking at apples to see if they really are a food which will help to keep you healthy.
I am sure you have heard of Cornell University, well they did their own study on how apples can benefit a persons brain. This study indicated that the ingredients in apples have the ability to help keep your brain cells from deteriorating as we age. And due to this you will recognize that apples may actually help people prevent the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
And now you recognize why individuals tell you that you ought to eat an apple every day. The one thing you should understand is that we only mentioned a handful of the benefits of eating apples. You will be able to discover many more benefits for your health when it comes to apples. When you go shopping again, don’t forget to buy a number of apples, their in the produce department. You will see that your overall health may greatly be benefited by consuming apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to paruppu urundai kuzhambu / south indian toor dal kofta curry recipe. To cook paruppu urundai kuzhambu / south indian toor dal kofta curry you need 25 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu / South Indian Toor dal Kofta Curry:
- Take For Making Paruppu Urundai / Toor dal Kofta
- Get 3 cups Split Pigeon Peas/Toor dal
- Provide 3⁄4 cup Split Chickpeas / Chana dal
- Get 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- Provide 1 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- You need 12 Green Chilli
- You need 6 Dry Red Chilli
- Get 3⁄4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Get 3⁄4 cup Grated Coconut
- Provide 1⁄4 cup Coriander Leaves
- Use 4 tsp Salt
- You need For the Kuzhambu/Curry
- Get 1⁄2 cup Oil
- You need 1 tbsp Mustard
- Provide 4 sprigs curry leaves
- Provide 1 tsp Asafoetida/Hing Powder
- You need 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Use 1⁄2 cup Sambar Powder
- Use 8 Tomato(Finely Chopped)
- Provide 100 g Tamarind (Soak in hot water and extract thick pulp)
- Get 6 litre Water
- Take 3 tbsp or more Salt
- Provide 2 cup Grated Coconut
- You need 2 tsp Fennel Seeds/Aniseeds/Bade Saunf/Sombu
- Provide 1 cup Coriander Leaves
Steps to make Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu / South Indian Toor dal Kofta Curry:
- How To Make Paruppu Urundai/Toordal Kofta?
- Soak toor dal, chana dal, chillies and cumin seeds in enough water for 2 hours.
- Drain the water. Grind into a coarse paste.
- Mix all other ingredients mentioned under the head 'For making Paruppu Urundai/Toordal Kofta'.
- Reserve 1/4th portion of the paste. Make equal sized balls(I made 60 balls) and steam them in a idli cooker for 10 mins.
- How To Make Kuzhambu/Curry?
- Heat oil. Papaya up the mustard. Add in the hing and curry leaves. Saute.
- Now add in the tomato, tamarind pulp, turmeric powder, sambar powder and salt.
- Cook till oil separates. Add the reserved dal paste. Saute.
- Now add water and salt.
- After the water comes to a boil, add the urundais/koftas one by one into the curry, very carefully so that the urudais/koftas do not break. Cook on medium flame for 8 to 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, grind grated coconut and fennel seeds into a very fine paste.
- Add the coconut paste to the curry. Cook for a few more mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Offer Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu with Cooked Rice to Lord Sri Krishna. Honor Krishna Prasadam.
If you find this Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu / South Indian Toor dal Kofta Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.