Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Rajma Chawal (kidney beans curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rajma Chawal (kidney beans curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Wholesome Fast Food.
Almost every single article about losing weight and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to carry out all of their own cooking. This is certainly very good advice. But at times the last thing you want to do is prepare a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes just about all you desperately want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. There is zero reason that you shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are capable of doing this because most of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food spot.
Concentrate on the sides. It has not been that long ago that all you could get at the fast food diner was French Fries. Today the vast majority of the most popular fast food franchises have improved their offerings. There are many salads out there today. Chili is definitely another option. You can also buy a baked potato. You can pick fruit. There are countless possibilities that you can choose that do not force you to eat foods that have been deep fried. When deciding on your supper from the drive through, pick out a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. You’ll keep calorie and fatty food count lower and escape commitment.
Traditional logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and shed pounds is to drop the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, usually, this is a good idea, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Often the thing you need most is just to have someone else do the cooking. When you want wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to rajma chawal (kidney beans curry) recipe. To cook rajma chawal (kidney beans curry) you only need 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Rajma Chawal (kidney beans curry):
- Provide Pink or Red kidney beans
- You need Onions chopped
- Provide Garlic (cloves) chopped
- Use Ginger (inch) chopped
- Get Tomatoes (sour) chopped
- Provide Green chilli chopped
- Take Coriander Powder
- Get Cumin powder
- Take Turmeric Powder
- You need Red chilli powder
- Prepare Salt (to taste)
- You need Garam Masala Powder
- Provide Butter
- Prepare Vegetable Oil
- Use Bay leaf
- Take Cilantro for garnishing
- Get Pressure Cooker
Steps to make Rajma Chawal (kidney beans curry):
- Wash Kidney beans n soak for minimum 8 hours or overnight in normal water.
- After 8 hours wash again n keep aside.
- Heat pressure cooker n add two tbs vegetable oil..
- Temper with Bay leaf. Keep flame medium.. Add chopped garlic.. Let it light pink.. Shld not b burn.. Add chopped onion.. Saute till transparent.. Add ginger chopped.. Stir continuously for two minutes..
- Add chopped tomatoes.. Add Pinch salt.. It helps to melt tomatoes quickly.. Cover the lid for two minutes.. Open the lid n stir well.
- Now add coriander, cumin, turmeric, red chilli powder.. Stir continuously.. All spices when incorporate with each other.. Add kidney beans. Mix well.. Add salt as ur taste.
- Add 4 cups water.. Do flame high.. Cover the lid of pressure cooker.. Give whistle 8-10. Off gas oven.. Let it cool the pressure cooker.
- When all pressure gonna n lid can open easily… Now open the lid.. Check kidney beans with ur finger tip .. If it's soft like butter.. Its done.. If it's still not mouth melting.. Its need more pressure cooking.. Add one cup water more n give whistle.. 2-3…Off gas oven.. Let it cool again.
- Now open the lid n cook again in low flame.. Cover the lid bt not give pressure.
- Check the beans after ten minutes.. If beans n gravy incorporate together.. Gravy become thick.. Its done.
- Mash some beans with spatula.. It makes gravy thick.. Stir well.. Now Sprinkle garam masala. Off the gas… Gravy should like this pic.. Not very runny not very thick.
- Add butter n let it melt..Sprinkle cilantro..
- Serve with steamed rice.
If you find this Rajma Chawal (kidney beans curry) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.