Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Indian Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy informs readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and that they need to do all of their own cooking. This is actually very true. But sometimes the last thing you would like to do is make a whole supper for yourself and your family. Once in a while you only want to pay a visit to the drive through while you are on your way home and end the day. Why shouldn’t you be capable of do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? This is because a lot of the popular fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their menus. Here is how you can eat healthfully when you reach the drive through.
Aim for the side dishes. It wasn’t too long ago that French Fries were your sole side dish option at a restaurant. Now just about all of the popular fast food places have broadened their menus. Now lots of them provide salads. Chili can be yet another choice. Baked potatoes can also be ordered. Fruit is usually offered. There are many wholesome options that do not include things like putting something deep fried into your body. When deciding on your meal from the drive through, choose a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. When you choose to do this you are able to keep your fat content and calorie counts low.
Basic sense states that the proper way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. While, in most cases, this is a good strategy, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes the thing you need is to let other people produce your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about going to the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to indian chicken curry recipe. To cook indian chicken curry you only need 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Indian Chicken Curry:
- Use 500 g Small Chicken Pieces with Bone
- Take 1 cup Coconut pieces (dry or fresh)
- Use 1⁄2 cup Curd
- You need 2 large Onion sliced
- Get 3 tbsp ginger garlic crushed
- Take 1 Medium Size Tomato
- Take 5-6 Green Chilli
- You need 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Take 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- You need 2-3 tbsp Hot red chilli powder (Bedgi)
- Prepare 2 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- You need 1 cup Coriander Leaves
- Take 8-9 curry leaves
- Get to taste Salt
- Prepare 1 cup oil
- You need 2 tsp cumin seeds
Steps to make Indian Chicken Curry:
- Take 2 tbsp oil in deep Pan, add cumin seeds.
- Add chicken in pan and stir it well so oil will coat all over chicken.
- Add turmeric, few chopped leaves of coriander, salt in it. Again stir it until chicken gets white.
- Add 1⁄2 cup of water and put lid on it and cook it until it gets dry or 10-15 mins.
- Take another pan and add 2tbsp oil in it. As soon as oil gets hot add half sliced onion and red chilli in it and fry it until onion turns golden brown. Take fried onion and red chilli with remaining oil in pan and grind it with ginger garlic and 3tbsp of coriander. Grind it until it become smooth paste
- Now take coconut slices and grind them too. Do not add any water or oil as we don't want to make paste. Let it be little coarse.
- Now let's turn to our gravy preparation.
- Take all remaining oil in pan, heat it on medium flame,
- Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, and green chilli and let it get little fry. Later add remaining half portion of sliced onion and fry them till it starts getting light golden.
- Add coconut and roast them till it get golden colour.
- Add our onion ginger garlic paste. And sauté it well and wait till mixture starts seperating oil. At this point start adding our spice powder (except Garam Masala) one by one and let them cook for another 3-4 mins.
- Add curd in it and mix it well. Wait till water in curd get evaporate. This is time you add our cooked chicken in it. And stir it well so all mixture will coat chicken pieces. If you thing mixture is too dry add some water in it (1 cup)
- Do not put lid on it as we have already cooked our chicken before.
- Add salt (remember we have also added salt while cooking chicken. Add accordingly) tomato and Garam masala powder and give a nice stir. Let it cook for 3-5 mins more. Add chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot with naan or rice.
If you find this Indian Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.