Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Indian Home-style Curry with Potatoes and Chickpeas recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Indian Home-style Curry with Potatoes and Chickpeas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian Home-style Curry with Potatoes and Chickpeas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Have Massive Advantages To Improve Your Health.
On TV plus in magazines everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, having said that, have you ever asked yourself why? You may know people that live by this and also require that their children live by this guideline as well. This idea is known all over the world and people just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. You will be delighted to know that we have carried out a little research, and we are going to explain to you why this is thought to be a miracle fruit.
According to another study, apples can also have positive results on your brain. These studies indicated that the ingredients in apples have the capacity to help keep your brain cells from deteriorating with age. Which means that by eating apples you are able to minimize the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
And now you know why individuals tell you that you should eat an apple every day. The advantages we covered are just a handful of of the benefits that eating apples can offer. If you look and ask around, you are going to come to see that the benefits can appear limitless. I really hope that the next time you go to the food store you wind up getting plenty of apples. You will see that your overall health can tremendously be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to indian home-style curry with potatoes and chickpeas recipe. You can have indian home-style curry with potatoes and chickpeas using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Indian Home-style Curry with Potatoes and Chickpeas:
- Take 2 clove Garlic
- Take 1 thumb size Ginger
- Get 1 large Onion
- Provide 1 large Potato
- Prepare 1 to 2 tablespoons Oil
- Take 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Prepare 1⁄2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- Take 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Prepare 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper (only if you lke hot and spicy)
- You need 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- Get 1⁄2 tsp Sugar
- Use 300 grams Tomato
- Provide 1 tsp Salt
- Prepare 240 grams Chickpeas (soaked in water or canned) *I recommend using canned soy beans too.
- Provide 500 ml Water
- Take 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Take 1 handful Cilantro leaves
Instructions to make Indian Home-style Curry with Potatoes and Chickpeas:
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, and ginger. Chop the tomato in a food processor. Cut the potato into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Once heated, saute the cumin seeds until about the popping sound stops, while being careful not to let them burn.
- Saute the garlic and ginger well.
- Add 1⁄2 teaspoon of cinnamon if you'd like. The taste won't be that noticeable in the curry, but it's good for your stomach so I do recommend it.
- Mix in the turmeric powder to make sure it blends well with the garlic and ginger.
- Add the onions and saute until translucent.
- Mix in the coriander powder and cayenne powder and let them blend well with the onions.
- Add salt, sugar, and tomatoes, and saute until about the tomatoes' color and shape disappears. It'll turn into a paste.
- Like this.
- Also, mix in the chickpeas and potatoes.
- Once well mixed, add water.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until the potatoes are cooked.
- Check every once in a while and mix occasionally to prevent it from burning.
- While waiting for the curry to finish, cut the coriander leaves.
- Once a skewer can be inserted at ease into the potatoes, mix well, check the saltiness, and it's done. Please east after squeezing out some lemon juice to garnish.
- Eat as soon as possible. Indian curry doesn't need to be rested overnight like Japanese curry, but the flavors do mellow out after resting it for an hour or so.
If you find this Indian Home-style Curry with Potatoes and Chickpeas recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.