Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Spinach Dal Curry/Siru Keerai Masiyal recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Spinach Dal Curry/Siru Keerai Masiyal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spinach Dal Curry/Siru Keerai Masiyal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Below Are A Few Basic Reasons Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
More than likely you have heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is important? You may know individuals that live by this and also require that their children live by this guideline as well. This concept is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is actually true. You will be delighted to know that we have done a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is thought to be a miracle fruit.
Cornell University had a study on the impact apples have on the brain. While carrying out their study they learned that, quercetin, which is located in apples helps maintain healthier brain cells. Meaning that by eating apples it is possible to decrease the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
And now you know why men and women tell you that you need to eat an apple every day. Something you should realize is that we only discussed some of the benefits of eating apples. In the event you look and ask around, you’ll come to see that the benefits can appear limitless. I really hope that the next time you go to the grocery store you end up getting plenty of apples. You will find that your overall health can significantly be benefited by consuming apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spinach dal curry/siru keerai masiyal recipe. To cook spinach dal curry/siru keerai masiyal you only need 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spinach Dal Curry/Siru Keerai Masiyal:
- Get 1 bunch siru keerai ( Amaranthus )
- Take 1 cup toor dal
- Prepare 1 onion (chopped)
- Provide 2 tomato (chopped)
- Provide 2 green chillies
- Take 10 garlic cloves
- You need 1 tbspn cumin seeds
- Prepare 1/2tsp turmeric powder
- Use 1⁄2 tbspn pepper
- Get 1/2tsp asafoetida / hing
- Take To taste salt
- Get 1 cup (250 ml) water
- Provide Tempering
- Use 2 tbspn oil/ghee
- Prepare 1 dry red chilli
- You need 1tsp vadagam / mustard seeds
Instructions to make Spinach Dal Curry/Siru Keerai Masiyal:
- In a pressure cooker wash and add dal, onion, tomato, green chillies, garlic,cumin seeds and pepper corns.
- Then wash and add the chopped greens to the cooker. Pour 1 cup water and add turmeric powder. Cook for 4 whistles on medium flame.
- Allow pressure to release and mash the dal and greens together add salt and adjust the consistency by adding water if you need.
- Now for tempering heat oil/ghee add vadavam, dry red chilli and asofetida. Pour over the dal and mix well.
If you find this Spinach Dal Curry/Siru Keerai Masiyal recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.