Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are A Few Basic Reasons Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
I am certain you’ve heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is important? This is something which many people live by and they also make certain their children are eating at least one apple a day. This particular thought can be observed in country’s all around the world and people follow it as gospel with out ever discovering why they should eat an apple a day. In this post we are going to be examining apples to see if they really are a food that will help to keep you healthy.
In accordance with another study, apples also can have positive results on your brain. They found that one of the components in apples known as quercetin, has actually been proven to help you to protect brain cells. Meaning by eating apples you can minimize the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
And now you understand why men and women tell you that you ought to eat an apple every day. In this article we just discussed some of the benefits of eating an apple a day. In the event you look and ask around, you will come to see that the benefits can appear limitless. When you go shopping again, make sure you buy a number of apples, their in the produce section. These apples can end up helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to basic asian curry puff (karipap) recipe. To cook basic asian curry puff (karipap) you need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap):
- Take Puff Dough
- Provide 1 Egg - Grade B
- You need 1⁄2 cup Wam water
- Use 3 1⁄2 cup Flour
- Take 1⁄2 cup Salted butter / margerine
- Get Filling
- Use 6 cup Potatoes - Boiled to cook & diced small to size of corn seed
- Use 1 cup Diced + minced chicken
- Prepare 1⁄4 cup Cooking oil
- Prepare 1 tsp Garlic - Grated (You can use smoked garlic for better test)
- Provide 3 cup Diced indian Big Onion - OPTIONAL (Remove from the list if you are planning to keep them longer)
- Take 6 tbsp Meat curry powder - Mix with 6 TBSP warm water (Add without water if you like them test more dry and curry colour looks heavy)
- Take 1⁄4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- Take 3 tsp Salt
- Use 3 tbsp Sugar
- Take 1 tsp Chicken stock powder
- Provide Optional extra filling
- Get 1⁄2 cup Cheese - Grated
- Use 5 Eggs - Scramble with some butter & 1 TSP sugar
Steps to make Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap):
- Dough: In a big bowl, mix well the butter with salt and egg and flour then only add in the water and knead into a dough. Let it rest aside
- Boil diced potatoes around 10-15 minutes and strain them out before cooking them with the rest of the filling ingredients
- Filling: Heat up a big pan and pour in cooking oil. Add in grated garlic then diced onion and saute for a while then add in cinnamon powder & cont wih the sautee until caramelised bit. Add in curry powder and stir until they look all together and you can see some oil out. Add in minced chicken and stir for few minutes. add the rest one by one and cook in slow heat until diced potatoes has been cooked fine, thick and no any liquid are seen. Let the filling cool down
- Preheat a deep fryer. Take about 30gm - 50gm of the dough, rolls into about 3mm thin or you can use pasta roller mechine. Once you got the thickness u wanted (Thin is better), cut with a round cutter or you can use a puff moulder, take a spoon of the main filling and spread them on the half spot of the round dough, add some scramble egg with some grated cheese. fold the round dough once to make a half moon shape like to cover the filling as a skin and keeping them inside intact, keep round end stick together. Twirl the half round end side like making a pie and deep fry them until they've become light golden brown
- Depend on the makes of the curry itself, you can add a TBSP extra or less to marry with all of the filling
- If you are using wooden roller to roll the dough by hand, best to roll them thin earlier before the dough completely cool down
- If you are using pasta roller machine to roll the dough thin, best to keep them chill first in the refrigerator for at least an hour earlier. Roll them thin to size 7
If you find this Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.