Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect 'Chatti Pathiri' - Layered Pathiri - Indian Lasagna recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 'Chatti Pathiri' - Layered Pathiri - Indian Lasagna recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Have Massive Benefits To Improve Your Health.
I am certain you’ve heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is actually important? You may know people that live by this and also demand that their children live by this principle as well. This concept is known all over the world and people just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. In this post we are going to be examining apples to see if they really are a food which will help to keep you healthy.
Your heart is another thing which can be helped when you eat apples. Many of the things you find in apples, and yes this involves fiber, can certainly help to provide you with a healthy heart. You might also be surprised to find out that another way apples will help your heart is by lowering cholesterol. One thing you should realize is that many of the ingredients for a healthier heart are found in the skin of the apple. If you happen to be one of the people who skin their apple before consuming it, you may want to change that habit so that you are obtaining all the benefits from the apple that you can get.
To sum up, I guess an apple a day really can keep the doctor away and now you understand why. The advantages we covered are just a handful of of the benefits that eating apples can offer. In the event you look and ask around, you are going to come to see that the benefits can seem to be limitless. So do yourself a favor and grab some apples the next time you go to the grocery store. These apples could wind up helping you to live a longer as well as healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to 'chatti pathiri' - layered pathiri - indian lasagna recipe. To cook 'chatti pathiri' - layered pathiri - indian lasagna you need 24 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare 'Chatti Pathiri' - Layered Pathiri - Indian Lasagna:
- Prepare For the pancakes/crepes
- You need 1 and 1⁄2 cups - All purpose flour
- Take 1 - Egg
- You need Salt
- Use Water
- Take For the Masala Filling
- Use 1⁄2 Kg- Chicken Boneless
- Take 7 small - Onion
- Use 6 - Green chilly
- Take 3 Tsp - Ginger-garlic paste
- Get 1⁄2 Tsp - Turmeric powder
- Use 3⁄4 Tsp - Red Chilly powder
- Provide 1 Tbsp (I used eastern Chicken Masala) - Chicken Masala
- Use 1⁄4 Tsp - Garam Masala
- Get 1⁄4 Tsp- Fennel powder
- Prepare 2 Sprigs - Curry Leaves chopped
- You need 1⁄2 cup- Coriander Leaves chopped
- Prepare Salt
- Provide Ghee - melted
- Provide For the coating
- Prepare 5 - Eggs
- Take 2 Tbsp - Milk
- Provide 1⁄4 Tsp - Pepper powder
- Get 1 pinch Salt -
Instructions to make 'Chatti Pathiri' - Layered Pathiri - Indian Lasagna:
- Masala Preparation
- Boil chicken pieces with little salt, turmeric and pepper powder. Let the chicken absorb all the water. Cool it down and shred/cut into pieces.
- In a pan heat oil, add finely chopped onion and green chillies. Fry till onions turns translucent and little brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste. Sauté till the raw smell goes. Add a sprig of chopped curry leaves to it.
- Add the masala powders and salt to it. Sauté well for few minutes. Now add the shredded chicken to it. Mix well and cook closed for 5 minutes.The masala should be a dry. Garnish with coriander leaves. Remove from fire and keep aside to cool.
- Making Pancakes/Crepes
- Mix flour,egg,salt and enough water in a blender. Blend it to a thin batter. Now heat a nonstick pan on a medium heat. Pour a ladle full of batter to the pan and swirl it to a thin round shape using the back of the spoon, like how you swirl it for making dosa. Cook on both the sides. (Do not have to make it crispy)
- Prepare crepes using the remaining batter, you may get up to 10 -12 crepes out of this batter. Keep it aside. Make sure that the pancakes do not stick to each other, it might be a pain to separate them. Do not change the heat of the pan.
- For Coating
- In a wide plate/bowl, beat the eggs and milk, add salt and pepper powder.(I found plate easy).
- You can use a small or medium sized non-stick sauce pan/frying pan for the final cooking. With this you will get a cake shaped Chatti pathiri. Now grease the sauce pan with ghee.
- Take a pancake/crepe and dip it in "For coating" mixture.
- Place this as the first layer of the "Chatti Pathiri". Spread 1 to 2 tablespoon of the chicken filling evenly over the crepe.Pour a spoon of coating on the sides of the layer and press the masala.
- Now dip the next crepe in egg mixture, make the second layer, spread chicken filling and repeat the same as for the first layer.
- Continue doing the same, until you get the final top layer as the crepe.
- Pour the remaining coating mixture onto the sides and top of the crepe. Drizzle a tablespoon of ghee on the sides and top of the crepe.
- Hold both the sides of the sauce pan and give a small shake so that the coating gets through the sides of the pan.
- Cover it with a lid and cook on very low fire for about 30 - 45 minutes.In between check it. If you see the sides golden brown in colour, off the flame and cover it with a plate and gently flip it over.
- Grease the pan with 2 teaspoon of ghee, gently transfer the chatti pathiri to the pan, but with the top side down.This is done to get a light brown colour on the top side of it. Just cook for 2 minutes. Off the flame.
- Remove from stove and again cover the pan with a plate and slowly flip it over. Cool it down and cut like a cake and serve.
If you find this 'Chatti Pathiri' - Layered Pathiri - Indian Lasagna recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.