Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chana Dal Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chana Dal Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about losing weight and getting healthy informs readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to carry out all of their own cooking. This is actually very true. But sometimes the last thing you wish to do is make a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes almost all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. There is no reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are able to do this because many of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here is how to eat healthy and balanced when you visit the drive through.
Concentrate on the sides. It wasn’t too long ago that French Fries were your only side dish selection at a restaurant. Now more or less all of the famous fast food places have expanded their menus. Now you can get a variety of salads. You could also pick out Chili. You can get baked potatoes. Fruit is generally obtainable. There are a lot of options that don’t include eating one thing deep fried. When you order your supper through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. You’ll keep calorie and fatty food count low and stay away from dedication.
Traditional logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and shed pounds is to drop the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a number of good decisions and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Every now and then, permitting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. If you ultimately choose healthy items, the shame usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chana dal curry recipe. To make chana dal curry you only need 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chana Dal Curry:
- Get 1⁄2 cup chana dal (bengal gram)
- Use 1 1⁄2 cup water
- Use 1 boiled potato cut into chunks(optional)
- Take 2 tbsp oil
- Get 1⁄2 tsp cumin seeds
- Get 1 onion chopped
- Provide 1 green chilli chopped
- You need 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Provide 1 tomato chopped
- Prepare 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Get To taste salt
- Use 1⁄4 tsp turmeric powder
- Use 1⁄2 tsp red chilli powder
- Get 1⁄2 tsp cumin powder
- Take 1⁄2 tsp coriander powder
- Use 1⁄2 tsp garam masala powder
Instructions to make Chana Dal Curry:
- Wash chana dal well and soak in water for 1-2 hours.
- Drain the water and transfer the chana dal to a pressure cooker with 1 1⁄2 cups of normal water and a pinch of salt. Pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles. When the pressure releases, open the lid.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. When they splutter add chopped onion and chopped green chilli. Saute until onion turns lightly golden. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell disappears. Next add chopped tomato, salt and chopped coriander leaves. Fry until tomato turns soft. Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and saute till oil separates.
- Now add the boiled chana dal with the leftover stock or water in the cooker. Add the boiled potato and mix everything well. If needed add little water to bring it to the desired consistency
- Lightly mash the dal with the ladle to get a thick consistency. Cook until the dal begins to bubble well. Then lower the heat and add garam masala powder. Cover and switch off the flame.
- Serve the chana dal curry hot garnished with onion rings and coriander leaves. This goes well with roti, phulka or rice.
If you find this Chana Dal Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.