Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sri Lankan roasted spice powder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sri Lankan roasted spice powder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is literally very true. But occasionally the last thing you wish to do is make a whole supper for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just wish to reach the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. Why shouldn’t you be capable of do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? This may be possible because plenty of the popular fast food places making the effort to make their menus better now. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Aim at the side dishes. Not so long ago, the only real side dish item offered by a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now lots of the fast food menus have been widened a great deal. Now you can find several different salads. You can get chili. Baked potatoes can even be bought. You could possibly get fruit. There are many healthy options that do not include things like putting something deep fried into your body. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” aim to create a meal from side dishes. This helps you keep your calorie count low and reduce your fat intake.
Simple sense states that the best way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. While, in most cases, this is a good idea, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Often what you require most is just to have someone else do the cooking. When you want healthful menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sri lankan roasted spice powder recipe. To make sri lankan roasted spice powder you only need 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sri Lankan roasted spice powder:
- Take 6 chicken thighs
- Use Curry powder (ideally Sri Lankan roasted variety)
- You need Chilli powder
- Provide Turmeric
- Use Salt
- Provide Asafoetida
- Get Black pepper
- You need stick Cinnamon
- Take 3 teaspoons tamarind paste
- Prepare 3 tablespoons olive oil
- You need 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Prepare 2 tablespoons frozen chopped up ginger (or grated fresh ginger)
- You need 1 onion
- Use Water
- Prepare Tin chopped tomatoes
- Get Coriander (optional)
- Provide Spring onion (optional)
Instructions to make Sri Lankan roasted spice powder:
- So we're being a bit slapdash here, but mix up the spices based on the pic. This was total guesswork. The big heap of roasted curry powder above was 2 tablespoons, so you can guess the other quantities relative to that!
- Add the following to your spice mix: - 3 teaspoons of tamarind paste - 3 tablespoons of olive oil - 2 cloves of chopped garlic - 2 tablespoons of frozen chopped up ginger (seriously you need to get some of this). Or grated fresh ginger.
- Spread the mixture all over your chicken thighs (or equivalent of other meat; pork works well), and leave to marinade in the fridge for as long as you can.
- Chop up the onion.
- Heat a bit of oil in a pan and fry the onion. When it’s softened, chuck in the meat and fry to seal it. Make sure you get all your spicy mix into the pan and stir it in, making sure it doesn’t burn.
- When the meat is brown, put in some water. We poured in enough to half cover the chicken thighs.
- We added a tin of tomatoes at this point.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes or so. Halfway through that cooking time you should think about cooking your rice.
- If you have some lying around, chop up some coriander and some spring onion to sprinkle over the dish when you eat it.
- You’re ready to go. - - Incidentally, here’s the ingredients list from that Sri Lankan packet mix.
If you find this Sri Lankan roasted spice powder recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.