Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Chana Masala (Chickpea curry) - purely veg recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chana Masala (Chickpea curry) - purely veg recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chana Masala (Chickpea curry) - purely veg recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about losing weight and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and that they need to perform all of their own cooking. There’s some worth to this. From time to time, though, the last thing you choose is to have to prepare a meal from scratch. Sometimes almost all you want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There is zero reason that you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is possible because an abundance of the popular fast food spots are trying to make their menus healthy now. Here is how one can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Go for the side dishes. Not that long ago, the sole side dish item available at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now lots of the fast food menus have been widened considerably. Now plenty of them offer you salads. Chili is definitely a different option. Baked potatoes may also be bought. You can make fruit. There are lots of wholesome options that do not consist of putting something deep fried into your body. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” make an effort to build a meal out of side dishes. You’ll keep your calorie and fatty food count very low and escape dedication.
Logic states that that one of the best ways to stay healthy and balanced is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a couple of good selections and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. At times what you need most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. When you choose healthful menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chana masala (chickpea curry) - purely veg recipe. To cook chana masala (chickpea curry) - purely veg you only need 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chana Masala (Chickpea curry) - purely veg:
- Provide 3 tbsp oil
- Get 2 tbsp butter
- Get Salt (to taste)
- Use 1 bay leaf
- Provide 1 tbsp chana masala
- You need 1 pinch asafetida
- Use 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- Provide 1 tbsp coriander cumin
- You need 1 tbsp red chilli powder (as per taste)
- Take 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Prepare 4 tbsp hot chilli ketchup (as per taste 😁)
- You need 1 small bowl chick peas (could be more)
- Use 2-3 tomatoes
- Prepare 2 medium sized onions or 1 big onion
- Provide 1 spring onion - finely chopped
- Provide 2 green chillis (the thin ones - spicy)
- Provide 1 boiled potato (chopped) - optional
- You need 1 slice ginger - grated
- Take 2 cloves garlic - grated
- Get 1 lemon
- Use 30 g chopped coriander - for flavor
Steps to make Chana Masala (Chickpea curry) - purely veg:
- Soak a bowl of chick peas or the amount you'd want to cook, overnight, or for at least 8 hours (tip).
- Boil chickpeas in a cooker (this would do faster). Add enough water, chickpeas, a pinch of salt, a little bit of turmeric, some few drops of oil. Let the cooker whistle 3-4 times atleast. If you do not have a cooker, just boil them normally on the gas for may be 30 minutes (minimum).
- While the chickpeas boil; grind the onions (preferably the red ones but you could take the white ones too) and green chillis. Separately grind the tomatoes. Grate a slice of ginger. Grate 2 cloves of garlic (you can add more depending on your taste). Do all of these separately.
- Take a frying pan, add oil and butter as mentioned and let it heat.
- Add a pinch of asafetida, add the grated garlic and ginger together with bay leaf and let it fry for some few seconds (1-2 seconds). Do not let it turn brown. You should already be able to smell the garlic
- Add the ground onion and chillis together with the chopped spring onions. Fry until the colour of the onion changes slightly.
- Add the ground tomatoes (or tomato paste), the chana masala, salt to taste, cumin coriander powder, turmeric, red chilli, the ketchup and hot chilli ketchup and stir. Let it fry on slow or medium heat until the tomatoes appear to be cooked. (For this dish Baadshah's chana masala was used, you can use Everest also or any other make).
- Add the chickpeas and water as required (If you end up adding extra water, you can let it boil until some of it evaporates 😜). If you want it dry do not add water, just 4-5 tablespoons. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves, squeeze half a lemon & mix everything together. Let it boil on medium flame until you notice a thin layer of oil around the corners or the top (in other words, the oil separates from the spices). If you want to add potatoes you can do so in this step. Potato is optional.
- Serve in a bowl, garnish with chopped tomatoes, chopped onions and chopped coriander. If you do not want to garnish it, you can serve with a slice of lemon, slices of onions in the side and a green chilli. You can either have rice, naan, chapati, roti, paratha or even bread with it. Enjoy ! 😋
If you find this Chana Masala (Chickpea curry) - purely veg recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.