Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, Tamarind Curry with Fried Papadam recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Poricha Appalam Vatha Kuzhambu | Tamarind Curry with Fried Papadam recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Poricha Appalam Vatha Kuzhambu
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to poricha appalam vatha kuzhambu | tamarind curry with fried papadam recipe. tamarind curry with fried papadam using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Poricha Appalam Vatha Kuzhambu | Tamarind Curry with Fried Papadam:
- Get 5-6 papad
- You need As required Oil to fry papad
- Get Kozambu
- Take 1⁄4 cup Tamarind
- Use 1 cup hot water
- Prepare 2 tablespoons Sambar powder
- Prepare 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- Prepare 1⁄2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- You need 1⁄2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- Use 1⁄2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Provide 1⁄4 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- Take 1⁄4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Take leaves Few curry
- Prepare 1 pinch Asafoetida
- You need To taste Salt
- You need 1 teaspoon Jaggery
- Take 2 teaspoon Whole wheat flour
- Use 1 tablespoon oil
Instructions to make Poricha Appalam Vatha Kuzhambu | Tamarind Curry with Fried Papadam:
- Soak tamarind in hot water for 10 minutes, until you prepare other ingredients.
- In a pan fry papadams. Remove excess oil in the pan and leave 2 teaspoon for preparing the kuzhambu.
- In a dish take sambar powder, red and black pepper powder, cumin and coriander
- Also in another dish take fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, salt, jaggery and hing.
- Strain the tamarind pulp.
- In the pan with oil add mustard, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves. Fry them for few seconds till mustard seeds have spluttered
- On low flame add the sambar and other masala, stir immediately add the tamarind pulp. Also add salt, jaggery and asafoetida. Let the tamarind cook well with the masalas
- In a cup take 1 cup water and add wheat flour and mix. Add this water to the vatha kuzhambu. Stir constantly, the mixture will thicken. Taste and balance salt if required.
- Finally add the broken papadams and cook for 2-3 minutes. Serve with hot rice and sabji.
If you find this Poricha Appalam Vatha Kuzhambu | Tamarind Curry with Fried Papadam recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.