Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Flavors of the South : Kerala Style Chicken Tomato Roast recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Flavors of the South : Kerala Style Chicken Tomato Roast recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Flavors of the South : Kerala Style Chicken Tomato Roast recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Wholesome Fast Food.
Just about every single article you read about improving your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some benefit to that. From time to time, though, you totally do not need to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes you just want to hit the drive through along the way home and call it a day. There is zero reason that you shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You can do this because many of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food place.
Select a drive through with a restaurant that is known for catering to people with better palates. For example, Arby’s won’t serve hamburgers. Instead, a person’s selections consist of roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. Wendy’s, whilst no stranger to the hamburger, also includes plenty of additional meal choices: large salads, large baked potatoes and other tasty items fill its menu. Not many fast food spots are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every little thing.
Fundamental sense states that the simplest way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a number of good choices and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the thing you need is to let another person make your dinner. If you ultimately choose healthy products, the shame usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to flavors of the south : kerala style chicken tomato roast recipe. You can have flavors of the south : kerala style chicken tomato roast using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Flavors of the South : Kerala Style Chicken Tomato Roast:
- You need 1⁄2 kg Chicken
- Provide Ingredients for Marination
- Provide 1⁄4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Get 1 teaspoon Red Chili/Kashmiri Chili powder
- Provide 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- Take to taste Salt,
- Get Ingredients for Masala
- Get 3 Large size Big Onion; finely sliced
- Provide 1 tablespoon Each of Ginger & Garlic paste
- Take 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- Provide 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons Kashmiri Chili powder
- You need 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- Take 1⁄2 teaspoon Fennel powder
- Take 2 Large Tomatoes; finely sliced
- Provide 3⁄4-1 cup Thick Coconut Milk
- Use Leaves Curry
- Get to taste Salt
- Use Coconut oil or any Refined oil (refer notes)
Instructions to make Flavors of the South : Kerala Style Chicken Tomato Roast:
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces and make deep gashes in them
- Marinate the cleaned chicken with ingredients listed under “Ingredients for Marination” and keep in the refrigerator for half an hour(overnight marination provides best results)
- Shallow fry the marinated chicken pieces till it becomes golden brown on either side the chicken is half cooked (refer notes) Remove the chicken pieces from the pan
- To the same pan, add the sliced onions a pinch of salt
- Cook till onions turn golden brown
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or till raw smell disappears
- Throw in the coriander, red chilli, garam masala fennel powders and fry for a few minutes till masala is cooked through
- Add sliced tomatoes curry leaves along with enough salt and mix well
- When the tomatoes become soft and oil appears (add one or two splashes of water to get a nice paste like consistency), add the fried chicken pieces and give a good stir till the masala coats the chicken well
- Now add the thick coconut milk and mix well
- Cover and cook till the gravy is very thick(15 to 20 minutes approximately) The chicken pieces should be succulent coated well with the masala
- This curry has a semi-thick gravy.Serve hot with plain rice/pulav/roti/appam
- You can use any refined oil for this dish but honestly coconut oil enhances the flavor and lifts the dish to a whole new level. So it’s totally your call!
- If you want to avoid excess oil usage, you can skip shallow frying the chicken. Directly proceed to cooking the marinated chicken pieces in a non-stick pan with very little oil and then adding this into the prepared tomato and onion masala with coconut milk
If you find this Flavors of the South : Kerala Style Chicken Tomato Roast recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.