Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bhindi and chana dal curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bhindi and chana dal curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is really very true. But at times the last thing you would like to do is put together a whole meal for yourself and your family. Once in a while you only want to pay a visit to the drive through while you are on your way home and end the day. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? You are able to do this because many of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here’s how it’s possible to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food spot.
Choose a drive through based on if it has more healthy options available. Arby’s by way of example, isn’t going to serve burgers. Alternatively you can choose from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps and other healthier items. Wendy’s, whilst no stranger to the hamburger, also includes a lot of other meal choices: large salads, large baked potatoes and other tasty items fill its menu. Most fast food dining places do not stoop to the poor lows seen at McDonalds.
Logic states that that one the simplest way to stay balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a number of good decisions and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Every now and then, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. When you want wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bhindi and chana dal curry recipe. To cook bhindi and chana dal curry you need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Bhindi and chana dal curry:
- You need 1⁄2 kg lady finger (bhindi)
- Prepare 100 gm split chickpea lentils/split bengal gram/chana dal
- Get 1 onion sliced (big)
- Prepare 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- You need 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Provide 1 tsp coriander powder
- Take 1⁄2 tsp red chilli powder
- Get 1 tsp salt
- You need 1⁄4 tsp roasted cumin powder
- Get 1⁄4 tsp black pepper powder
- Prepare 1 tomato (small)
- Provide 4 tbsp mustard oil
Steps to make Bhindi and chana dal curry:
- In a pan roast 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp black pepper on low flame. Roast till u get a nice aroma. Cool and grind to a fine powder. Store in an airtight container.
- Wash and soak chana dal for 1 hr. Wash and clean lady finger. Cut the tail and the crown part and slit from both ends. We do not cut the bhindi. In a kadhai heat 1 tbsp oil and saute bhindi for 5 mins on high flame.
- In a pressure cooker heat 3 tbsp oil and fry the sliced onions till golden then add ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Add a little water and cook the masala on medium flame till oil separates.
- Then add the soaked chana dal and mix well and cook for 2 -3 mins on medium flame stirring occasionally. Then add the fried bhindi and sliced tomatoes, mix well. Add 1.5 cups water and cover lid. Cook for 1 whistle on high and 1 on low flame.
- When the pressure is released on it's own, then open lid and sprinkle some roasted cumin and pepper powder and serve hot with rice or roti.
If you find this Bhindi and chana dal curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.