Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Utappam recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Utappam recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Several Simple Explanations Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
On TV as well as in magazines everybody is telling you to eat an apple a day, having said that, have you ever asked yourself why? This is something that many individuals live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that folks in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they do not even know why. You will be happy to know that we have carried out a little research, and we are going to explain to you why this is regarded as a miracle fruit.
So what can all these vitamins and minerals do for the particular overall health of your body. You might or might not be aware that apples can in fact reduce risks of different cancers, and that is because of all the things in apples. And on the list of cancers in which apples can help ward off is colon cancer and even lung cancer. I don’t know about you but when I read that I went out and got a whole bag of apples.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day really can keep the doctor away and now you know why. Something you should understand is that we only discussed a portion of the benefits of eating apples. You will be able to locate many more benefits for your health in relation to apples. So do yourself a favor and purchase some apples when you go to supermarkets. You will find that your overall health can tremendously be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to utappam recipe. You can cook utappam using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Utappam:
- Take 1⁄2 cup urad dal
- Take 1 1⁄2 cup rice
- Take 1 onion diced
- Take 1 capsicum diced
- Take 1 tomato diced
- Prepare 2 green chillies chopped
- Take 2 tbsp coriander chopped
- Prepare 2 tsp red chilli powder
- Use 2 tsp idli chilli podi powder
- Provide as needed Oil to cook
- Use For coconut chutney
- Prepare 1⁄4 fresh coconut
- Take 2 green chillies
- Take 3 garlic cloves
- Provide 5-6 curry leaves
- Use 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- Take 1 tsp sugar
- Prepare to taste Salt
- Provide 1⁄4 tsp Black pepper powder
- Take 209 gms curd
Steps to make Utappam:
- Soak urad dal and rice seperately for 3 hours. Grind them seperately by adding very little water. Remove both in the same bowl and mix well. Cover and let it ferment overnight. Next morning add salt to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a dosa pan or a non stick pan. Grease with some oil. Spread a ladleful of batter. Sprinkle chopped onion, capsicum and tomatoes. Then sprinkle some chilli powder, podi masala, green chillies and coriander leaves. Let the uttapam cook from one side. Drizzle a few drops of oil and flip. Cook for a minute and remove from the pan.
- For the chutney. Chop the coconut into small pieces. In a mixer grinder take the chopped coconut. Add the salt, sugar, green chillies, coriander, curry leaves, pepper powder and garlic cloves. Pulse till the coconut is well ground. Add the curd and grind again till you get a smooth chutney. Enjoy!
If you find this Utappam recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.