Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Achaari Gongura Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Achaari Gongura Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Just about every article you read about improving your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is actually very true. But sometimes the last thing you want to do is put together a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes just about all you desperately want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. There is simply no reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This may be possible because an abundance of the popular fast food spots are attempting to make their menus healthy now. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food restaurant.
Pick water, juice or perhaps milk as a beverage. When you drink a large soft drink you are introducing a whole bunch of empty calories to your day. One helping of soda pop is eight ounces. That portion usually includes at least a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food soft drink sizes start at twenty ounces. Generally, however, they may be 30 ounces. Choosing a soda pop as your beverage raises your calorie ingestion by thousands and adds way too much sugar to your diet. Milk, fruit juices and also plain water are much healthier choices.
Standard logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose weight is to drop the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, in most cases, this is a good plan, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Once in a while, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. When you want healthful menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to achaari gongura rice recipe. You can cook achaari gongura rice using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Achaari Gongura Rice:
- Prepare 2 cups cooked rice
- Provide FOR TEMPERING:
- You need 2 tbsp oil (coconut or any other cooking oil)
- Use 1⁄2 tsp mustard seeds
- Take 1⁄2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- Use 1⁄2 tsp urad dal/split black gram dal
- You need 1 1⁄2 tsp chana dal/split chickpea dal
- Use 2-3 dry red chilies, broken into 2 pieces (or use green chilies/jalapenos)
- Use Few curry leaves (about 8 to 10)
- Prepare 1⁄4 cup to 1⁄3 cup grated coconut (fresh or frozen)
- Provide 1⁄3-1⁄4 cup peanuts or cashew nuts (optional but adds a wonderful crunch to the dish!)
- Get 1⁄4 tsp haldi/turmeric powder
- You need 2-3 tablespoons Gongura/Sorrel leaves pickle; I have used Mother’s pickles
- Prepare 1⁄4 tsp hing/asafetida powder
Instructions to make Achaari Gongura Rice:
- TO MAKE ACHAARI GONGURA RICE: - Heat oil and once hot, add mustard seeds. - - As soon as the seeds start to splutter and crackle, add jeera, urad dal, chana dal, dry red chilies, curry leaves and saute for a few seconds.
- Stir in dry grated coconut. - - Fry or saute on medium low heat, stirring often until the coconut is slightly roasted.
- Stir in peanuts (or cashews if using) and mix well. If the nuts are not roasted, fry for a while other wise proceed with the other ingredients
- Add haldi powder and 2 to 3 tablespoons of Gongura pickle; mix well (you can add more if needed, so start with 2 tablespoons first).
- Sprinkle cooked rice over the mixture and mix to combine thoroughly. Do a taste test and add more pickles or salt if needed. - - Heat through, stirring often on medium heat. Sprinkle hing powder (optional), mix well and remove from heat.
- Serve hot, spicy and jhatpat Achaari Gongura Rice hot or at room temperature. It is best enjoyed with some raita or plain curd on the side. A few crisp papads/potato chips or a fresh and crunchy salad on the side and your soul comforting Indian meal is ready to dig into!
- Notes - - Adjust the amount of spices according to personal taste. - - Use as much or as little as the pickle depending upon the taste of the brand of pickle. - - The same recipe can be made using any other pickle but make sure it does not have big chunks and is mostly in a paste form!
- Enjoy and Happy Cooking!
If you find this Achaari Gongura Rice recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.