Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Appam recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Appam recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Some Basic Explanations Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
I am sure you’ve heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is important? You may know men and women that live by this and also request that their children live by this principle as well. You will even find that men and women in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they don’t even know why. You will be happy to know that we have completed a little research, and we are going to explain to you why this is thought to be a miracle fruit.
More than likely you know that fruits and vegetables will provide you with many of the vitamins you need to stay healthy, and apples are normally the item that most people have in their houses, but why? You will find that the vitamins and minerals that you will find in apples can be very beneficial for your health.. A number of the major minerals that you will come across in apples are potassium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, iron, sodium, copper and zinc, along with other trace minerals. And you’ll even find vitamins in your apples such as, vitamin A, B1, B2, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, B6, C, E, K and other trace vitamins.
To sum up, I guess an apple a day really can keep the doctor away and now you understand why. In the following paragraphs we just covered some of the benefits of eating an apple a day. You will be able to locate many more benefits with regard to your health in relation to apples. When you go shopping again, make sure you pick up quite a few apples, their in the produce department. These apples could end up helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to appam recipe. You can have appam using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Appam:
- You need 2 standard measuring cup Idlee dhosa batter
- Get 1 big size onion chopped
- Get 1 large capsicum chopped
- Use 1 tomato scooped and chopped
- Get 2 green chillies chopped
- Use As per taste Salt
- You need 10 Curry leaves roughly broken
Instructions to make Appam:
- Make sure that the batter is thick like for Idlee (ribbon consistency) and is at room temperature. Combine all the ingredients in the batter. Mix well.
- Heat up appam pan. Put a little oil in each section. Put the batter in each section. Cover and cook for 2-4 min on medium to slow flame.
- When you see that the appams are puffed and the top surface is dry, try to flip them. For flipping, you need to first gently scrape the sides of it off the pan using a sharp spoon and then flip. If the sides do not leave the pan easily or if they do not hold a nice round shape while flipping, understand that it is still a bit uncooked from inside and hence not yet time to flip. Flip and cook on the other side leaving the pan uncovered.
- The texture of the appams should be golden brown and crunchy with some air bubbles on the outer surface. The inside of it should be soft and spongy.
- Serve hot with any south Indian style chutney. I used 'chutney for Mysore Masala dhosa' as it was available.
- Tips : 1. The first batch of appam may be very sticky and hard to flip. It's normal as the pan takes time to set. From the second batch onwards it will be easy. But ensure that you scrape out all the burnt residue before continuing to make the second batch. 2. The appams must be well cooked, crunchy and firm at the bottom at the time of flipping or else they'll break or get deshaped. 3. Ensure that the heat under the pan is evenly spread. I use a very thin wired rake under the pan for that.
- Variation : 1.you may want to do tadka for better flavour. Heat oil, crackle mustard, add udad Dal, asafoetida, green chillies and curry leaves. Pour it in the batter and mix. You can also add grated coconut. 2. You can serve appam with sabhar too. It also tastes yummm.
If you find this Appam recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.