Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Malabar Style Prawns Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Malabar Style Prawns Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Malabar Style Prawns Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Very good For You.
Just about every article you read about improving your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some benefit to this. From time to time, though, the last thing you want is to have to cook meals from scratch. Sometimes you just would like to go to the drive through on the way home and call it a day. There is no reason you shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This can be done because an abundance of the popular fast food places are attempting to make their menus healthy now. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Your drink should be water or juice or milk. Drinking a large soda allows hundreds of empty calories into your diet. One portion of soda pop is eight oz.. Those eight ounces tend to be at least 100 calories and close to ten tablespoons of sugar. A fast food soda is almost always not less than twenty ounces. Thirty ounces, however, is a lot more common. This is the reason why just ordering a soft drink will add cupfulls of sugar and thousands of empty calories to your diet regime. Water, fruit juice and also milk, however, are better choices.
Common logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and lose fat is to by pass the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, usually, this is a good strategy, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes the best thing is to let other people produce your dinner. When you choose wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to malabar style prawns curry recipe. To make malabar style prawns curry you only need 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Malabar Style Prawns Curry:
- Prepare 1⁄2 kg Prawns , peeled and deveined
- Take 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- Prepare 10-12 Shallots/pearl onions , finely chopped
- Use 2 Green chilies , slit lengthwise
- Provide 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- Use 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- You need 1⁄4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Get 1⁄4 tsp Fenugreek powder
- You need 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Use 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- Provide 1 tsp Tamarind pulp
- Use 1 cup Coconut milk
- Get 1⁄4 tsp Mustard seeds
- Provide 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Prepare As needed Oil
- Prepare To taste Salt
- You need As needed Water
Instructions to make Malabar Style Prawns Curry:
- Clean, wash, and drain the prawns. Marinate the prawns with half of turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and salt. Leave it aside for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a claypot. Splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add the chopped shallots, turmeric powder, and salt and saute until translucent. Add the ginger-garlic paste and green chilies. Saute until the raw smell goes away. Add the chopped tomatoes and saute until soft and mushy. Add the remaining spice powders-chilli powder, fenugreek powder, coriander powder, and pepper powder. Fry until the oil starts to separate from the masala.
- Add the marinated prawns and fry for 2-3 mins. Add 1⁄2 cup of water along with the tamarind pulp and bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame and cook until the prawns are done and the sauce thickens. Add the coconut milk, simmer for another 5-10 mins. Check the seasoning and serve with steamed rice, tapioca, or roti.
If you find this Malabar Style Prawns Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.