Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Goan-style Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan-style Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is certainly good information. But sometimes the last thing you would like to do is prepare a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Once in a while you just want to check out the drive through while you are on your way home and end the day. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? You are capable of doing this because many of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food place.
Aim toward the side dishes. It wasn’t too long ago that French Fries were your only side dish option at a restaurant. Today almost all of the most popular fast food franchises have improved their products. Now lots of them offer salads. You can get chili. You can also purchase a baked potato. You can make fruit. There are countless options that you can choose that do not force you to ingest foods that have been deep fried. When choosing your dinner from the drive through, choose a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. This can help you keep your calorie count low and reduce your fat intake.
Logic states that that one the simplest way to stay healthy is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a couple of good decisions and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes what you need most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. If you choose healthy products, the shame usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to goan-style fish curry recipe. You can have goan-style fish curry using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Goan-style Fish Curry:
- You need 4 tsp coriander seeds
- Prepare 1 tsp cumin seeds
- You need 1 green chilli, thinly sliced
- Get 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- Prepare 2 cm sq (¾in) piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- Get 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Get 1 tsp turmeric
- Get 2 tbsp sunflower or rapeseed oil
- Take 1 onion, finely chopped
- Take 1 large fresh or tinned tomato, finely chopped
- Take 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- Use 1 tbsp palm sugar (or soft light-brown sugar)
- Provide 2 tsp tamarind paste, or juice of half a lemon
- Provide 300 g (1 lb) 2oz) firm white fish fillets, skin removed and flesh cut into chunks about 3cm sq (1¼in)
- Prepare 6-8 large prawns in their shells, cooked or raw
- Get 2 tbsp chopped coriander, or parsley, or the green tops of spring onion, to garnish
Instructions to make Goan-style Fish Curry:
- Toast the coriander seeds, cumin and dried chillis in a dry frying-pan for about a minute. Crush in a pestle and mortar, then mix in the ginger, garlic, turmeric and 1 tsp salt.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over a medium heat, then add the onion and fry until soft and golden. Add the sliced chillies and cook for another minute.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, tamarind or lemon juice and bring to just under the boil. Immediately turn down the heat and simmer for about five minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly. Taste for seasoning.
- Season the fish with salt, then add it with the prawns to the sauce and simmer gently for about four minutes until the fish is cooked through and the prawns are bright pink. Check again for seasoning. Serve with basmati rice and garnish with herbs.
If you find this Goan-style Fish Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.