Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Spicy vegetable & lentil soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy vegetable & lentil soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy vegetable & lentil soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Just about every single article you read about improving your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some benefit to that. But sometimes the last thing you would like to do is make a whole supper for yourself and your family. Once in a while you need to visit the drive through while you are on your way home and finish the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be suffering from guilt about slipping on your diet. This may be possible because an abundance of the popular fast food places making the effort to make their menus better now. Here is how you can eat healthfully when you visit the drive through.
Milk, juice and water will be the best options for beverages. Choosing a big softdrink as your beverage adds hundreds of unhealthy calories to your meal. A sole serving of soda is typically thought to be eight ounces. Those eight ounces are often at least 100 calories and around ten tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food soft drinks are no less than twenty ounces big. Thirty ounces, however, is much more common. This ensures that just ordering a soft drink will add cupfulls of sugar and thousands of empty calories to your diet. It is much healthier to select milk, juice and also regular water.
Fundamental sense states that the proper way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a few good selections and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Once in a while, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. If you choose healthy items, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy vegetable & lentil soup recipe. To cook spicy vegetable & lentil soup you need 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Spicy vegetable & lentil soup:
- You need 1 leek, sliced
- Prepare 1 small onion, diced
- You need 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Prepare 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- You need Half a butternut squash, chopped into cubes
- Use 2 carrots, chopped
- Get Half a swede, cubed
- Take 1 red or yellow pepper, diced
- Provide Handful spinach
- Use 1 cup red lentils
- Get 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Prepare 1 pint vegetable stock
- Prepare 2 tsp olive oil
- You need 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Get 1 tsp chilli powder
- Get 1 tsp medium curry powder
- Prepare 1 tsp turmeric
- You need Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Provide to taste Salt and black pepper
Instructions to make Spicy vegetable & lentil soup:
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat in a large saucepan or stockpot. Add the onion, garlic and leek and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add carrots, swede and squash and cook for a few minutes. Add vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Add the remaining vegetables, lentils and spices and simmer gently until all the vegetables and lentils are cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, and purée with a hand blender until as smooth as you like. Add salt and black pepper to taste and stir thoroughly.
- Serve into bowls and top with fresh coriander and black pepper.
If you find this Spicy vegetable & lentil soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.