Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Quinoa & Red Lentil Stuffed Sweet Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Quinoa & Red Lentil Stuffed Sweet Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Just about every single article you read about improving your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is really very true. Occasionally, though, the last thing you choose is to have to make an evening meal from scratch. Sometimes you just wish to hit the drive through along the way home and call it a day. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? This is because a lot of the famous fast food restaurants on the market are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food restaurant.
Visit a drive through in a place which has made it a practice to offer healthier options to people. Arby’s as an example, is void of burgers. Instead, the options consist of roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. While Wendy’s has offered hamburgers for decades, they also have plenty of other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Not every thing is McDonalds with its deep fried chicken parts and also other terribly unhealthy items.
Fundamental logic states that the best way to lose pounds and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make good choices, there is not any reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. At times the thing you need most is just to have someone else do the cooking. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about visiting the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to quinoa & red lentil stuffed sweet potatoes recipe. You can have quinoa & red lentil stuffed sweet potatoes using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Quinoa & Red Lentil Stuffed Sweet Potatoes:
- Get Spread
- Prepare 4 medium sweet potatoes
- Prepare 1 tsp olive oil
- Get 2 scallions, minced (optional)
- Use 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- Provide 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Take 100 g (1⁄2 cup) dry red lentils, rinsed
- Get 90 g (1⁄2 cup) quinoa
- You need 1⁄2 vegetable bouillon cube
- Prepare 1 tsp sambal chili paste* (optional)
- Get 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- Use 1⁄2 tsp ground coriander
- Get 1 tsp curry powder
- Use 1⁄2 large head of broccoli, cut in bite-sized florets
- Get 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- Prepare Dressing
- Prepare 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) tahini
- Get 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Provide 2 tsp soy sauce
Steps to make Quinoa & Red Lentil Stuffed Sweet Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400 F). Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork in several locations and place on aluminum foil on a baking tray in the oven. Roast until tender, about 45 minutes, stopping once to flip. - - *Note: Cooking the following ingredients takes about 20 minutes, so if you want the potatoes to be done at the same time, wait about 20 minutes after putting the sweet potatoes in the oven to start the next steps.
- Add scallions and onion to a large pot on high heat. Add 2 tbsp water as needed to de-glaze the pan and avoid burning, stirring occasionally until translucent and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another 2 minutes, stirring and adding water as needed.
- Add all of the ingredients from the lentils through to the curry powder to the pot plus 2 cups of water, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer with the lid partially covered. Simmer for 10 min.
- Add the broccoli and bell pepper, stir to combine, and place lid fully on the pot and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl plus 2 tbsp water. Stir into the quinoa/lentil mixture or serve on the side to drizzle on top. Enjoy!
If you find this Quinoa & Red Lentil Stuffed Sweet Potatoes recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.