Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Could Certainly Have Enormous Advantages To Improve Your Health.
Everybody has heard the phrase “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, however the question is, is this really a true statement. Many people have lived with this school of thought for many years, and they also pass this on to their children. This particular thought can be identified in country’s all around the world and individuals follow it as gospel with out ever finding out why they should eat an apple a day. In our research we have found out why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be discussing that with you here.
You’ve always been told to make certain that you are eating your fruits and vegetables so you get your vitamins, but apples have always been at the top of the list. Well lets have a look at the vitamins and minerals that you can discover in just one apple. When it comes to the actual minerals that are in apples you will find, potassium, calcium and zinc just to mention a few. Of course vitamins are also extremely important for your health and you will find vitamin B1, niacin, vitamin B6 and many more that promote health.
I hope I have revealed some good information that revealed why apples are so good for you. The benefits we covered are only a couple of of the benefits that eating apples can offer. If you look and ask around, you are going to come to see that the benefits can appear limitless. So do yourself a favor and purchase some apples when you go to the store. These apples can end up helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to japanese katsu curry - chicken, pork & shrimp recipe. You can cook japanese katsu curry - chicken, pork & shrimp using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- Take KATSU FRY:
- Provide 1 piece Chicken Breast
- Provide 7 pieces Shrimp
- You need 2 pieces Pork Cutlet
- Prepare 1-2 pieces Egg
- Use 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Prepare 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- You need 2 cups Oil
- Take Iodized Salt
- Get Ground Black Pepper
- Prepare CURRY SAUCE:
- You need 2 tbsp Oil
- You need 1 bulb Garlic
- Prepare 2 pieces White Onion
- Use 2 pieces Carrot
- You need 2 pieces Potato
- Prepare 1 piece Red Bell Pepper
- Provide 1 liter Water
- Provide 4 cubes Curry Roux
- You need 3 tbsps Honey
- You need 3 tbsps Tomato Ketchup
- Provide SIDES:
- You need 3 cups Rice
- Provide 3 pieces Egg
- Get Fukujinzuke
Instructions to make Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- PREPARE THE VEGETABLES: Chop the garlic. Slice the onion. Cut the carrot and potatoes into cubes, about 1-inch thick. Cut the bell pepper into squares, about 3⁄4-inch. ©homebasedchef
- COOK THE CURRY SAUCE: Heat the pot over medium-high heat (160C). Add oil and sauté the garlic, followed by the onion. Add the carrots, potatoes and bell pepper and continue to stir for 5 minutes. Add 1L of water and boil for about 10 minutes. Lower down the heat (120C) and add in the curry roux. Mix very well to make sure that the curry roux are all diluted.
- Add in the honey and tomato ketchup and mix well. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure that the sauce doesn't stick on the bottom of the pot. The sauce will start to thicken. Turn the heat to low (70C) and continue cooking for 5-10 more minutes until the carrots and potatoes are cooked to your desired tenderness. You'll notice that the potatoes become smaller compared to its original cut size; the starch of the potato actually helps thicken the sauce.
- PREPARE THE MEATS FOR THE KATSU FRY: Make sure to wash the chicken, shrimp and pork with clean water and then drain them. - - To split the chicken breast in half: Place the boneless skinless chicken breast on a cutting board and hold it flat with your non-dominant hand. Then using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizontally into two even pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- To butterfly the shrimp: Pull off the heads and legs then peel off the shell leaving the tails on. Gently run the knife at the shrimp's back and remove the digestive tract or vein by lifting it out or by using a paper towel. If the vein breaks, run water through it to clean. Then make shallow slits on the shrimp to flatten and spread it like butterfly wings. Season with salt and pepper.
- To tenderize the pork: Make sure you have removed the skin to avoid curling when frying. Use the mallet to break up the muscle fibers of the meat. Do this on both sides of the meat until the thickness is reduced to half. If you don't have a mallet, you can use: - a knife, a fork or your fist. Season with salt and pepper.
- BREAD THE MEAT: Prepare your breading assembly line. You need three bowls or containers - for all-purpose flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs. Cover the meat in flour and shake off the excess. Dip the meat in the egg. Cover the meat in breadcrumbs.
- COOK THE KATSU FRY: Heat frying oil in a pan. Make sure it is hot enough before you place your meat in it. To test, when you see the oil producing bubbles on the surface of the pan, drop a small piece of breadcrumb. If the oil reacts as desired, you can start frying. If the sample breadcrumb seems to absorb to oil, wait a bit til the oil is ready. Deep fry the meat until golden brown, make sure to flip on the other side for even cooking… chicken, shrimp and pork are pretty fast to cook.
- SERVE TO YOUR FAMILY: Curry is best served with steamed rice! Grab a plate, scoop a cup of steamed rice and spread it on the left part of the plate. Scoop a portion of the curry sauce, make sure to include potatoes, carrots and bell pepper and place it on the right part of the plate overlapping some of the rice. Place your preferred katsu meat on top of the curry sauce. And for the sides, you can add soft-boiled egg and fukujinzuke or pickled daikon radish. YUM!
If you find this Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.