Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Southern Indian Lentil Stew - Sambar/Kuah Dalca recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southern Indian Lentil Stew - Sambar/Kuah Dalca recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern Indian Lentil Stew - Sambar/Kuah Dalca recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Certainly Have Huge Benefits For Your Health.
Every person has heard the saying “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, but the question is, is this really a true statement. You may know people that live by this and also request that their children live by this guideline as well. You will even find that people in other country’s also stick to this simple rule and they don’t know why. In our research we have learned why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be sharing that with you here.
So what can all these vitamins and minerals do for the overall health of your system. As I am confident you know, research is being performed all the time and there have been studies that have been done that clearly show that apples can reduce some cancer risks. And on the list of cancers in which apples can help reduce the chances of is colon cancer and even lung cancer. Just that one element should be enough reason for everybody to start eating apples.
To conclude, I guess an apple a day definitely can keep the doctor away and now you know why. Something you should recognize is that we only covered some of the benefits of eating apples. All of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this post, but the information is out there. When you go shopping again, don’t forget to pick up quite a few apples, their in the produce department. It can really help your health and wellbeing for short term as well as for the long haul.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southern indian lentil stew - sambar/kuah dalca recipe. To make southern indian lentil stew - sambar/kuah dalca you only need 26 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Indian Lentil Stew - Sambar/Kuah Dalca:
- Provide [For Lentil Base]
- Get 1 cup Yellow Lentils
- Use as needed Water (for boiling)
- Take [Sambar Paste]
- Use 5 pc Fresh Red Chillies (deseed, chopped roughly)
- Use 20 g Fresh Turmeric (roughly chopped)
- Provide 2 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
- Provide 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- You need 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- Provide 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- You need 1 tsp Black Gram (Urad Dal)
- Provide 1 Tbsp Split Chickpea (Chana Dal)
- Prepare 2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
- Take 2 g Asafoetida (optional)
- Use 2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- Provide [Stew] - add your own veggies
- Take 100 g Carrots (rough dice)
- Provide 100 g Eggplant (rough slice)
- Provide 100 g Tomatoes (rough dice)
- Get 2 pc Green Chillies (slit)
- Use 2 pc Red Chillies (slit)
- You need 30 g Fresh Coriander (rough chop, stem and leaves separated)
- Get as needed Water (for stewing)
- Prepare 1 Tbsp Palm Sugar
- Provide 5 pc Tamarind Slice or Juice from 2 Tbsp Tamarind Paste
- You need as needed Salt (by my count, 1 tsp)
Steps to make Southern Indian Lentil Stew - Sambar/Kuah Dalca:
- LENTILS: Add 1 cup of Lentils into a pot with 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Add 1 cup of water each time the liquid has evaporated. Stir the bottom occasionally and continue cooking until the Lentils have soften and turn to mush. Once cooked, Turn OFF the heat and let it cool. Once cooled, blend the Lentils with 1 cup of water until smooth and set aside.
- SAMBAR PASTE: heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a pan until hot. Add the Coriander Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Fenugreek, Mustard Seeds, Black Gram, Chickpea, Curry Leaves and fry them for 10 seconds. Then add the Chillies and the Turmeric mix well and fry them for 30 seconds. TURN OFF the heat and let it cool. Once cooled, ground the ingredients (in a food processor or mortar pestel) with the Asafoetida and set aside.
- ASSEMBLY: in a large pot, combine all your Vegetables with 4-5 cups of water and bring to a boil. Then add the Sambar Paste and mix well until the Paste dissolves completely. Then add the Tamarind Slice (or Tamarind Juice) and Palm Sugar. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes. After that, add the Lentils, Fresh Coriander Stems, Salt and mix well. Continue to cook until the gravy thickens to your desired consistency. Once cooked, turn off the heat and add the Fresh Coriander Leaves, mix well and serve.
If you find this Southern Indian Lentil Stew - Sambar/Kuah Dalca recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.